Certegy Collection Services / scam artists

I went to Rec Warehouse today to look at spa tubs that were on sale. We were going home to measure the patio to ensure that the spa selected would be a good fit. To hold the spa we selected, I put down $100 for the spa. Cetergy denied the check. When I called the 800 number, they confirmed that they have no negative information in my file, but that I fit a "profile". When i asked what that profile was, they advised me that they oould not disclose that information?? I went back to Rec Warehouse and advised them that I would not be purchasing the $5, 000 spa I selected based on their relationship with a company that would deny a check for someone with no negative history on record and based simply on a "profile".

Comments

• Br
      25th of Feb, 2011
    Certegy Collection Services - Stay away
    Certegy Collection Services

I was in a bad accident and became totaly and permanently disabled. I had written a check at a store, left, and had the accident. I just got out of the hospital and while opening my mail, got a final notice from Certegy Collections. I called them to explain why the check was not paid and alls they had to say was that if the check is not paid in full, they will report it to my credit report, they will not let me work out any type of payments and I have very little money right now and can't pay the bill in full. The manager said, "The checks 5 months old and you had no problem writing it before your accident...". These people are going to court!