Certegy Check Services / cashing check at walmart

1 North Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

This company has the most ABSURD methods of verifying checks ever. I attempted to cash my check at Wal-mart with two of my co-workers this afternoon. Both of them were able to cash checks for higher amounts than mine...3 times the cashier attempted to cash my check and I was denied. She gave me a slip and told me to call the number. Certegy gives me a recorded speech that makes NO sense as to why I was denied. Then they stated, that even though theres no logical reason as to why I was denied, the decision was final and I couldn't cash my check. WASTE OF TIME...Never going back to Wal-mart money services again. I wouldn't recommend to anyone either.

Comments

• Bl
      6th of Mar, 2010

The same story here. 30 years without a bounced check and denied at a Walgreens for $50.00. They had all the records for all the checks written in a year from my account. There were not problems never have been. They told me I could apply for Certegy Gold which would eliminate the problem I was having.

What this is is extortion! Inorder to get a Gold account you have to provide Certegy with all your banking records, not just your checking account. They are building a data base and want your information.

They are trampeling on the rights of good honest Americans. Walgreens, Walmart TJ Max and the list goes on.

10th of Jul, 2012

I had the same thing happen to me at WalMart, I have been at the same company for 10yrs and have cashed my checks at WalMart for about 5yrs now and I went in last week and they said they could not cash my check and gave me a slip with the # to Certegy, I called and got someone who does not speak english and all they could tell me was it was to protect customers like me!!! Protect me from what, it was MY CHECK!!! I will no longer shop at WalMart, they use an out source company probably not even in the United States and they appearantly have no clue as to what they are doing!!! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!