Centurylink / Embarq Dsl / bait and switch tactics on available speed
Our whole neighborhood had Hughes Net but was offered Embarq/Century Link DSL, most of us opted for 5MPS and I had it for about two years then things got slower. Speedtests confirmed over several months that I was getting 3MPS but being billed for 5MPS, when I called (numerous times) I was told 5MPS was never available in my area even though they've been billing me for 5MPS for two years and my speedtest confirmed I was getting it for most of that time. Neighbors also got 5mps for a period of time. When I complained I was told 5MPS wasn't available but I could get 6MPS, so I did and paid for 6MPS for a month or two but still never got more than 3MPS. A service technician locally told me they oversold the service in the area and that only the supervisor had the 5MP cards. I asked what happened to mine did it burn out and get replaced with a 3MP, he said NO. I said are you telling me they put me on a 3MPS card so they could sell the service to someone else, his response "Sir, I can't tell you any more". Then everyone got a call that they were lowering everyone to 1.5MPS while they upgrade the service. It has been over 6 months now and our Homeowner's Association wrote them a letter and the response back was there was NO upgrades scheduled for our area. Every time any of us call we get a completely different story, and always wrong. This is clearly bait and switch and the whole community is pissed off by this horrible service. The FCC or some other communications government organization needs to look into Centurylinks deceitful and unethical practices. If another provider comes along we are all going to switch. My speeds now are running less than 1MP a lot of the time. Horrible!
More Centurylink / Embarq Dsl Complaints & Reviews
- Century Link Internet - extremely slow internet service 
- [Resolved] Century Link - century link rip off 
- Century Link/prism Tv - bad service 
- Century Link Dsl - misrepresentation of services and fees 
- CenturyLink - huge overcharges and fraudulent billing 
- Century Link - vacation plan
- CenturyLink - poor customer service and incorrect bills 
- Century Link - internet/I was told one thing and then it didn't happen.
- Centurylink Service - bad service to employee
- CenturyLink - cancellation of services