Century Link Internet / extremely slow internet service
I was a first time computer buyer and needed an internet service for my new computer. Unfortunately I had no idea about internet service and, living in rural Missouri, only had a few choices. Unfortunately I picked Century Link because they offered the lowest rate. After getting everything hooked up and operating, I subscribed to Netflix which is the most awesome service available on the internet. I tried to stream Netflix to my house but was constantly interrupted and the streaming would stop, then start again in a few minutes or a lot of minutes. I contacted Netflix and they determined the speed of my so-called Century Link High Speed DSL Internet to be about .48 mpps. Netflix advised that they needed to run at 1.5 mpps which is not too much to ask for. After contacting Century Link several times (Their administrative section is typical and imposssible to reach and deal with) they told me there was nothing they could do as my internet would only run at .5 mpps. This is slow-speed internet and it totally unacceptable. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from Century Link at all costs.
More Century Link Internet Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Century Link - century link rip off 
- Century Link/prism Tv - bad service 
- Century Link Dsl - misrepresentation of services and fees 
- CenturyLink - huge overcharges and fraudulent billing 
- CenturyLink - poor customer service/ $99 early term fee for service that never worked 
- CenturyLink - Internet
- CenturyLink - customer service
- CenturyLink - internet service
- CenturyLink - voice and internet service. first my voice. today is 12/27/18 and for 4 hours I have not been able to connect with a outbound call.
- CenturyLink - internet service in decatur texas