Cbeyond / Awful everything

We went with Cbeyond thinking we would save money and simplify our phones, website, mobile, etc... BIG MISTAKE! This company is the absolute worst. We were lied to about everything. We were promised we would have a technician come in, install the new VOIP system, transfer our cell phones, and transfer our website. We were also told we could send callers to individual voice mailboxes when they called in. None of this came true. Sure they came in and set up the phones, and then they gave us a booklet and told us we were on our own. After two days our service went out and we could not get it fixed for a week. Thank God we didn't switch over our cell phones or we would have been screwed. The voicemail was inconsistent at best and when we asked how to send callers to voicemail they told us our phone system could not handle this task. We never switched anything else over to them. It's a good thing to because once they have all your services under their control and there "contract" they have have you by the nuts. Don't be stupid, there is a reason so many people are complaining about this company. The customer service is a joke, it doesn't exist.

DO NOT PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET!!!

Va

Comments

Bi
  5th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have been in business for 18 years (law firm) I can say, without question, that CBeyond is the WORST telcom company I have ever dealt with. I have been trying to switch to a new carrier for over 6 months as CBeyond is holding my phone lines hostage! My new provider (AT&T) claims they have never seen such a bad case of holding lines hostage as they consistently see with CBeyond. One time I was two weeks late paying an invoice and they shut off all my services !!! No courtesy call beforehand----insane!!! (I could not even use my cell phone to call my employees as CBeyond controlled those also)

Further, my business relies greatly upon collect calls from the local jails. I asked my rep about this concern before I signed up and he responded "no problem". Well, CBeyond does not allow my business to accept collect calls from the jails in the traditional sense where a customer simply dials a "0" . The customer must dial a "1" first AND I need to have a prepaid account.

Also, whenever I had a problem with my service, when we would call in to speak with a CBeyond rep we were always put on hold for ridiculous amounts of time.

Additionally, you need to REALLY look at your bills. I recently noticed that I was still being billed for services I cancelled MONTHS ago.

CBeyond is aweful.

Mu
  10th of Feb, 2010

Please contact munzer@omnicureHomeHealth.com for possible class action law suit against CBeyond for false promises by the sales people and fraudulent business practice.