Cash4Gold

4.5
cash4gold.com
Pennsylvania
cash4gold.com
they told me they were very intrested in my ring and 2 send them copy of appraisal so i did. my ring gia certified / appraised @ 2300.00 they got back 2 me with a useless amount under 100 dollars. why did they ask 4 copy of appraisal in 1st place if not truely intrested. the low ball the public in a BIG way.
Complaint comments Comments (13) Complaint country United States Complaint category Jewelry & Watches

Comments

N  29th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I sent in items that had value. 24k black hills gold pendant, rings, and gold necklaces. Items that had 24k Gold listed on them when they were provided to me. Over the years, I had several necklaces that I no longer use and could use the money since the price of gasoline was high at the time that I sent the packaged envelope.

Warning: Do not send any items to them. If they declare that the items have $0 value. They hold the items and you have to pay to have the items returned. This is truly a scam. You have to send them payment by check or money order to get the items returned while they continue to hold the items.

I am so upset with this experience. I really wish that I would not have sent the items now. Please learn from my mistake. I want to warn others so that they do not make the same mistake as I did.
A  30th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
We sent in at least 4 oz's of gold bracelets, rings, necklaces and they claimed they never received our packet. We kept checking and they kept claiming it was never received. We had not paid insurance for the packet, because envelope was pre-paid and we had the tracking# Cash4gold sends. This place is a big rip off in several different ways.
N  12th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
it might not be safe to put those jewlry in the mail cause it could be replace by employee of another service as they felt its heavy with valuable jewlry inside the package. So any thing could have happen . Maybe they didn't get the jewlry that you had sended.
N  18th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
I wish I would have done a little research before sending my gold and silver items to Cash4Gold. They really are nothing but crooks. I received my check on the 18th, of course on the check the date is the 11th. When I called the company you get transferred from one person to another but no one has an answer to your question.

Then they gave me a different number to call and said they would pull my items and send them back to me once they receiver their check back. Now I wonder, I should propably send it back certified so that they can not say they did not receive the check back. All I can say is that I better get everything back.

I also asked where on their website is a testimonial or comment place and the representative told me he did not know. So I told him he needs to find out. When he came back on the phone he said I should email the comment to the company...lol...what a joke.

People should get together and file a class action lawsuit against this company. Makes you wonder how these people sleep at night.
N  21st of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
They ripped me off. didn't send me my check. ### them.
A  30th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
they never send me mine and just kepped the jewelry
N  7th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Several months ago I asked for and received a "mail in" envelope from Cash4Gold. I was told it would arrive in 3-4 business days. It arrived almost 3 weeks later. I put my jewelry in the envelope and sent it to Cash4Gold. Keep in mind that I had already taken the items to a pawn shop but didn't sell them because the price offered was very low because they really didn't want to buy more jewelry at that time. I can understand that, which is why I sent the jewelry to Cash4Gold. Despite their claim of the customer receiving a check in a few days, my check, in the amount of $28 and change, was not received for 3 months. I thought the original envelope had perhaps gotten lost in the mail and I called Cash4Gold and was told my claim had been processed. The processing date was about a week after I mailed the envelope. Given the postal system and weekends, I did not have a problem with that. I cannot understand the difference in what the pawn shop offered versus what I received from Cash4Gold. The pawn shop offered me $75.00, and even stated it was extremely low because they were not really interested in buying jewelry at that time. Unfortunately, the shop went out of business about 3 months later. I have no idea what took so long for the check to arrive. I called several times and each time I was told my check had been processed. After 2 months of waiting and calling, I gave up. By the time the check did arrive, the return period had expired so I felt like I was screwed and had no recourse.
N  7th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Once you send your gold in don't they notify you beforehand what they are willing to offer for the gold? That's what they always say on the tv commercials. You can accept the amount or ask for your jewelry back. So I don't really understand how you felt ripped off. And I seriously can't imagine that there's only one pawn shop in your area, those places are everywhere.
N  4th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
CASH 4 GOLD is a scam!!!i have an awful experience with them.
I sent them my unused gold and i had couple 18 K coins and my all of my jewlery is above 18 because i got them from middle east.
My jewlery cost above 1000.00 and they sent me $ 54.00 it was a joke for me and i sent the check back to them and they didnt return my jewlery back!!! Anytime i called i got stupid answers.
DONOT DEAL WITH THEM because it`s a real SCAM even they advertise on the TV .They are a bunch of thieves and liars.
N  30th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Cash4Gold, my package C4G1985899 cannot be track after 2 months. Never received any funds; was assigned tick number 461865 for contact info. Donot use this company and MC Hammer will never recover for BR.
A  9th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
The personal office telephone number for Howard Mofshin, Cash4gold president is 1-954-970-3222 ext.109
I think people should call him directly and let him know their consumer complaints-
give him some insite into how much his company SUCKS!
N  22nd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
The Cash4Gold customer service phone number is 1-800-241-1811.
N  26th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
they asked for a copy of your apprasial because when the resell your items, thats the value they are going to try and get for it. you got royaly [censor]ed

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree