Carrs-Safeway / poor customer service/bathrooms locked after hours

Wasilla, AK, United States Review updated:

7/12/16

Had to do some late night shopping or go without eggs and milk for breakfast. Chose to shop. Normally I don't shop late at night, but this is Alaska and summer subsistence activities are a priority. I had my 4-year old and 2-year old with me because their dad is working out of town. My 4-year old had to go potty. We walk all the way to the other side of the grocery store and the public rest rooms are locked. I holler, "Is there an employee who can unlock the restroom door? Hello? I need an employee to help me! My little boy is going to pee his pants!" An employee checks through an employee's only area doorway to see who is yelling, pays no mind and goes back to whatever he was doing. Customers look at me like I'm crazy. My son has to go potty bad and I see that the normally locked after hours entrance is unlocked. I take my son outside and instruct him to urinate on the wall beside the doorway. I am humiliated. I go back inside the store to see a young employee. I am angry and inform him my 4-year-old had to pee outside the front entrance and ask for the manager. Other customers are still gawking. The manager and employee both claim they did not hear me yelling. They tell me that there is another bathroom next to the pharmacy way in the back of the other end of the store. The manager apologizes and blames it on the junkies that the store now has to lock their main public restrooms. I leave and abandon my groceries in the store. My 4-year old and 2-year old sons are upset and crying because there were things in the cart they really wanted. My 4-year-old begs me to go back in and buy the groceries. I don't want to ever spend another dollar in that store, but decide to pay for the groceries because I don't want to go on another shopping trip to Walmart. It's late and I'm tired. I decide that I will use the reference number on my receipt and raise awareness that locking the public restrooms is ridiculous. Walmart doesn't lock their restrooms preventing customers from using the bathroom. There are three available restrooms at Walmart for customers and they are never locked to stop customers from using them. Wasilla Safeway management is stupid.

Reference: [protected]

On
Jul 12, 2016

Comments

•   Jul 12, 2016

i feel really sorry for your children... you sound like a complete nightmare to deal with.