Carphone Warehouse / Nokia 5300 / Broken phone

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I purchased a nokia 50oo from the carphone warehouse, i had to return it within 28 days as there was problem with the speaker, carphone warehouse replaced my old handset with a new one. then had to return it again within 28 days i was unable to have a new one, so my handset was sent for repairs, this took almot 3 weeks. On return of the handset which was late returning, carphone warehouse explained that my phone was then fixed and it had past their diagnostic tests. I then inserted my sim in the shop and the phone had not been repaired and showed all the exact same problems. I was then ordered another phone which was delivered the following day. This phone has now also got the same problem as the first one, my phone does not ring, the the music player does not work. Also there is no sound when on loudspeaker but on handset it woks fine. I had phones witch have been purchased form nokia and never come across the same sort of problem but this model Nokia 5300 is really faulty one!

St

Comments

30th of Jun, 2007

I'm a Nokia owner, in fact I swear by them...until now. I've NEVER had a bad Nokia phone, and I've owned nokia's since my 2160 back in the mid 90's. I purchased a 5300 on April 4th, and by June 29th, I had returned FOUR of the 5300's due to manufacturing defects in the microphone, speakers and slider. I don't know what Nokia did this time around, but they did something wrong when they released this phone. This phone does NOT represent Nokia quality! The manager at the T-Mobile store felt badly for me and offered to switch me out for a blue razr from motorola. I feel alot better now...the free bluetooth headset, leather case and car charger helped too, I guess he didn't want to lose a 4 year customer over a cheaply made phone.