[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Linespoor services to a disabled senior citizen

4/30/17
To whom it may concern;
I am writing this complaint letter in the disrespectful and unprofessional that the Carnival employee that has treated my mother, stepfather and myself. On 4/27/17 the information about leaving luggage outside of the door was misunderstood. And my parents had missed that information, which was understandable. So the next morning on 4/28/17 it was time to leave off of the ship. My mother is disabled and needs special attention. However she needed to get a wheelchair to proceed with getting off of the ship. So my stepfather and I are carrying the bags down to the 3rd floor. Which therefore we are both struggling with the bags. I asked an employee named Mason that was working at the desk with the wheelchair for his or anyone's assistance. We were told that no one can help us with the luggage and that we will have to carry it ourselves. I said excuse me? As much money that we have paid for this cruise and the gratuity my parents cannot get any help? Mason said that it's against the Law for an employee to help a disable person with their luggage. But however an employee can help wheel my mother in the wheelchair off the ship. My mind was just blown away about this nonsense. Therefore I had to carry my parent's luggage all the way down the ramp to the security check point. Just to make sure that they were good.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Port Canaveral, FLThen I had to retrace my steps backwards to get back on the ship, I'm walking pass people that are leaving the ship. I am completely pissed off now and was pissed off then. I never cussed nor did I make a scene. What if I wasn't there to help my parents out to make sure that they get help… who would help them?? Not Carnival, because all that Carnival was concerned about was making that dollar. As soon as the ship got near finished everyone can see that the employees started to slack off and not tend to the customer's. Once everyone received their gratuity money that was all that was needed for them to see. However at this point I will never pay for another trip associated with Carnival. This is how Carnival trains their employees on stratifying the customers? Moreover I do not want any part in this cruise everything was fine until this happened. How about this picture this happening to your parents and something like this were to happened. However, put yourself in my shoes for a minute and walk around, this just isn't right and its poor customer service skills. This will be told to everyone I am currently on just about every social media!!!
MY CONTACT INFO

• Resolution Statement

• Updated by Complainant92102 · Apr 30, 2017

4/30/17
    To whom it may concern;
    I am writing this complaint letter in the disrespectful and unprofessional that the Carnival employee that has treated my mother, stepfather and myself. On 4/27/17 the information about leaving luggage outside of the door was misunderstood. And my parents had missed that information, which was understandable. So the next morning on 4/28/17 it was time to leave off of the ship. My mother is disabled and needs special attention. However she needed to get a wheelchair to proceed with getting off of the ship. So my stepfather and I are carrying the bags down to the 3rd floor. Which therefore we are both struggling with the bags. I asked an employee named Mason that was working at the desk with the wheelchair for his or anyone's assistance. We were told that no one can help us with the luggage and that we will have to carry it ourselves. I said excuse me? As much money that we have paid for this cruise and the gratuity my parents cannot get any help? Mason said that it's against the Law for an employee to help a disable person with their luggage. But however an employee can help wheel my mother in the wheelchair off the ship. My mind was just blown away about this nonsense. Therefore I had to carry my parent's luggage all the way down the ramp to the security check point. Just to make sure that they were good. Then I had to retrace my steps backwards to get back on the ship, I'm walking pass people that are leaving the ship. I am completely pissed off now and was pissed off then. I never cussed nor did I make a scene. What if I wasn't there to help my parents out to make sure that they get help… who would help them?? Not Carnival, because all that Carnival was concerned about was making that dollar. As soon as the ship got near finished everyone can see that the employees started to slack off and not tend to the customer's. Once everyone received their gratuity money that was all that was needed for them to see. However at this point I will never pay for another trip associated with Carnival. This is how Carnival trains their employees on stratifying the customers? Moreover I do not want any part in this cruise everything was fine until this happened. How about this picture this happening to your parents and something like this were to happened. However, put yourself in my shoes for a minute and walk around, this just isn't right and its poor customer service skills. This will be told to everyone I am currently on just about every social media!!!

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response · May 01, 2017

Thank you for sharing Mr. Finch’s comments with us.

We’re sorry that he and his family members experienced problems at the end of their cruise this year. I apologize that their final memory of their cruise vacation isn’t the best.

We’ll want to be sure that the serious issue he’s brought to our attention is thoroughly reviewed, so we appreciate his patience while we make sure it reaches the right people. Once we’ve had a chance to look the case over, we’ll be contacting him directly, to address his concerns.

Thank you again for making us aware of what happened. We appreciate the chance to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Guest Care Specialist
    Carnival Cruise Line | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |
    [protected]@carnival.com

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response · May 03, 2017

Thank you for sharing Mrs. Jones’ additional comments with us.

I’ve added those observations to her case, to be reviewed along with the original inquiry. We’re truly sorry that she wasn’t able to fully enjoy her cruise aboard the Carnival Sunshine, and we’ll be responding as soon as we’ve had a chance to look over the situations she and Mr. Finch have brought to our attention.

We appreciate our guests’ patience in this regard.

Sincerely,

Guest Care Specialist
    Carnival Cruise Lines | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |
    [protected]@carnival.com

Co
Apr 30, 2017

Comments

• Lo
      May 02, 2017

This is not the whole story just a portion... After a totally frustrating cruise. If which I will never use Carnival again. I complained so many times about things that should have been allotted a handicap person. I let Guest services know on a continuous bases of which they only assisted me once. I was in the bed the remainder od the cruise practically. I complained that they put me in the furthest dining room possible with my condition. The finally moved us after I had to yell at them. I requested help off the ship to the land, I was only assisted to the gangway. they told me that there was not transportation to the gates. which was not true. I missed so much of the cruise due to no customer services and inattentiveness to handicap persons. On the date above that my son referenced, we awoke to find out that the luggage was taken the night before. No one expressed this to me. I go to sleep at 9pm even on the cruise. So, my husband and I struggled with the luggage down to the Sunrise breakfast. I was told we could not bring them in nor leave them at the front of the restaurant. So we lugged them back upstairs. We go back down to breakfast by now I am exhausted. What do we see, other people with there luggage. Okay, we go back to the room and prepare to go down stairs to get help not to bother my son. No, we cant touch your bags. " You'll have to do the best you can" and just walked away". My son comes to help us and encounters Mason, we get off the ship and the niceness man assisted us. He go us out and over to the Garage to sit for the rest of my family, who number had not been called. This man goes back and finds my children, a needle in the hay stack and brings them directly to us. He was and absolute blessing. On and off the entire cruise was just a nightmare. If you are or are not handicap, please think twice before you select CARNIVAL. customer Service is not in there motto or line on training. Worst trip ever.