Carnival Cruise Line / fraud and scam

1 Long Beach, CA, United States Review updated:

On July 28, 2008: It's seems to be like a beautiful day. It's the first cruise that I've with my family. A five days cruise. Wow, very exciting. Around 11am to 12pm before registration my boarding pass inside the building, I left all my luggages to the carnival staffing team in front of the building so they can deliver them to my room. It's extremely a breathtaking experience while touring around the ship... Around 4pm, while approaching to my room, I realize one of my luggage is missing, omg. Instead of giving me my proper luggages, it was replace by a black purse. Obviously, I returned it and ask for my backpack that is filled with all my camera equipments. The Carnival staffs told me that I will be getting all my luggages by 8pm. The day is definitely getting very gloomy. The trip is really a frustrating cruise. They never found my luggage. I made myself look like a fool because I was at the information desk almost few hours to ask the whereabouts for my luggage.

THE CROOKS STOLE MY BACKPACK!!! BECAUSE OF NOT BUYING TRAVEL INSURANCE, CARNIVAL CRUISE INFORMATION DESK TOLD ME THAT THEY NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MY DISAPPEARANCE OF MY LUGGAGE!!!

IT'S NOT HARD TO BACK TRACK TO FIND OUT WHO LAST HANDLED MY PERSONAL BELONGINGS. DEFINITELY BAD MANAGEMENT SYSTEM!!! EITHER THIEVES PROTECTED BY CROOKED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM!!! OR UNPROFESSIONAL BAGGAGE HANDLERS DELIVERING TO WRONG ROOM NUMBERS, STILL PROTECTED BY CROOKED MANAGEMENT NOT WILLING TO BACKTRACK AND INVESTIGATE.

IT'S DEFINITELY A FRUSTRATING AND SANDING TRIP. DON'T LET ANY CARNIVAL CRUISE STAFFS HANDLE YOUR IMPORTANT PERSONAL BELONGINGS OR ELSE YOU MIGHT END UP TO BE IN A WORSE SHIP EVER... TO THIS DATE, I HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANY WORDS WITH MY LUGGAGE...

Bo

Comments

Ma
  21st of Apr, 2009

My camera was stolen. I am pretty sure it was the lady that came in to clean the restroom right after my friend and I left. I realized I had left in less than 3 minutes. I ran back to the restroom and both the camera and the cleaning lady were gone. The restroom was empty. I hear the workers are worse than the passengers! Who does that? Who steals someone else's memories????

Ke
  8th of Sep, 2009

If you really had all that very expensive "camera equipments", you should have carried your backpack onboard yourself, and not simply handed it over to the dock workers (who are usually NOT Carnival employees).

Carnival takes lost luggage very seriously. I am not sure what you did to be an exception (piss everyone off?). If a piece of luggage isn't found by the end of delivery (as you were told could be 8pm... I have gotten pieces myself after 6pm), Carnival will indeed search.

Carnival will even go as far as to helicopter luggage to a ship, if it is found still on the dock, or loaded onto the wrong ship. Now, that to me is serious service.