Carl's Jr / food

Fowler, CA, United States Review updated:

Went to Carl's Jr. in Fowler, Ca. for lunch. Lately the food has been really bad. This last visit I got a side salad and turkey burger. As I began eating my salad I noticed there was a large piece of of the center of the lettuce head. Not edible; bad thing that's not the first I've form a salad like that from them. And why do you only get two cucumbers and one tomato? To make matters worse the burger was cold and the bun was smashed and stiff. Not good. Not going back.

Ti
Feb 17, 2013

Comments

•   Feb 17, 2013

Seriously, have you never broken open a head of lettuce before? The center part is called the heart and it is as edible as the leaves. I can't believe anyone is this dumb.

• Ke
      Jul 31, 2015

I also had a bad "natural" burger. I was so looking forward to it!, But very bad! Also I ordered a Swiss and mushroom – but got something else??? I must agree – it does seem like the food is going downhill! And yes, the comment above – I usually love the center of lettuce – but sometimes the center can be very pulpy and not crisp and juicy.

• Li
      Jun 30, 2016

I took my burger back because of the exact same reason- very soggy lettuce and smashed bun, it tasted like it was reheated in the microwave. When I brought the burger back to the counter to get another one, I noticed that the "cook" was taking about 12 pre-wrapped and cooked burgers out of the refrigerator! I asked if they premade and refrigerated that burgers, but she denied it. No one really spoke very good English- all Spanish speaking and were very hard to understand. The French fries were cold and very greasy. I will never go back to a Carls Jr. again. They have very low standards for a franchise. I used to really like their burgers.