Carid / carid does not price match — a ma on is cheaper

United States Review updated:

“***beware***excuses***excuses***”
4/30/17
Do they have price match? yes, but only if they want to. if you find a price too low, they give up and say they cannot go any lower. depends on which rep you talk to on what price they will match. a-ma-on has cheaper prices in their marketplace stores, which are backed by a-ma-on guarantees. there are so many inconsistancies with carid and its policies. one rep will tell you they will match a-ma-on, while the next rep will say it is a membership based website so they dont price match. you dont have to be a prime member to get a-ma-on prices, so that excuse was just their way of saying we cant match the price.

• CarId Customer Care's Response, May 04, 2017

Dear Client,

Thank you for taking time to post this feedback. I am sorry to know, that the price match policy was not honored. This is not acceptable and I would like to look into this to you. Please email me at greg.[protected]@carid.com with the link to the competitor's website and I will get back to you with the quote.
    I do apologize for all inconvenience this unpleasant situation had caused to you. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Relations analyst at CARiD.com

• Updated by cyork, May 09, 2017

I guess I should not be surprised that CARid has not responded even after emailing Greg.du all the above information he requested. If customer service was important, they would reach out and make this right, but rather no response means no interest.

Cy
Apr 30, 2017

Comments

• Cy
      9th of May, 2017

I guess I should not be surprised that even after emailing greg.du the information he requested, there has been no response to make things right. If CARiD was truly interested in customer service, they would own up to their mistake. It should not take over 4 days to figure out how to fix a price match problem.