Carcraft / Extended guarantee

1 LS27 0TS, Leeds England West Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Carcraft absolutely ruined my life. At 19 I was browsing the Internet for a car and showed interest in a polo (not from a carcraft website) anyway a dealer from the leeds branch contacted me and asked if I'd be interested. He came and picked me up from my own home and drove me to the branch where I was swamped with paperwork and agreed to buy the car. The extended guarantee wasn't explained clearly to me, I signed the paper work but on the sheet I have it was explained as a TLC which is included in the price. It was only when I got home I realised I had actually been sold an extended guarantee of £1, 795.00 that was additional. I was paying two separate rates of interest. They must of had a right laugh when I left the store. I contacted the man who had come to pick me up and said that I wanted to cancel the extended guarantee. He said that I needed to put it in a letter as a cancellation needed to be in writing. I did this and he said the man who drove me home would come and pick it up as I couldn't yet drive (a different dealer drove me home in the car I'd purchased). I was working the next day and my brother told me he'd handed the letter to the man that had come for it. I awaited a response from carcraft and tried numerous times to contact the man who had come to pick me up but he never answered. Eventually upon contacting the store I was met with the response that my cancellation period was over. I have written to carcraft about this before and have recieved the response that there is nothing they can do as I signed the paperwork. But let's just ignore the fact that I tried to cancel. If I could remember the name of the dealer that came to pick me up I would have confronted him. I was made a fool of at a young age and since then have been paying back two separate agreements because with this guarantee I couldn't receive the full credit from one finance provider. Nice one carcraft. Great customer service thanks for nothing.

Li