Capitec Bank / funds not reflecting

1 South Africa Review updated:

I transferred a lump sum from my international bank account to Capitec Bank (as I have been doing for the past three years). It's been ten days and the funds are still not reflecting. I have called the Forex helpline to no success and emailed the service line, but no response. This is down right frustrating and ridiculous. I will be closing my account asap. I have never received such bad service from Capitec Bank and I have been a loyal client.

Am
Oct 14, 2017

Comments

• Pa
      14th of Nov, 2017

I made a transaction, EFT(Immediate) on the 25th October to an FNB account but the money hasn't been reflected in the FNB account.
    The company requested I should provide them with proof of payment, I did that but they still can't find the money in their account, They have contacted their bank, FNB but they couldn't get anything and I was told to contact Capitec for clarification on where the money is.
    I have contacted Capitec since then for a trace and to refund the money back into my account but this has not yielded any positive result. I was given this Reference No: "51233491". I am seriously frustrated about this matter and the way it's been handled. I don't expect you guys to still be backward in this 21st Century of Advanced Technology to quickly determine or trace a transaction, it's awful.
    Money is not like an Air-plane that can just disappear in the sky without a noticeable trace for days. Every cents counts and matters to me, so am not gonna let go of my money. I am sick and tired of your flimsy excuses, can't entertain them anymore, please keep them.
    All i wanna know and hear from you is where my money is and put it straight away back into my account without any further delay or excuses.
    Patrick
    shoyinkapatrick@hotmail.com

28th of May, 2018

Hi
    I have the same problem with the forex dept.No service and never answering a phone.Im working over seas and makes it difficult as it is expensive to phone to get the help.This is the worst service i ever received and this is happening on a monthly basis.I even went back to SA to sign paperwork that they requested and still nothing has changed.

JB Louwrens