Capital One Hbc Master Card / cancellation of card w/out notice or reason

Canada, Saskatchewan Review updated:
After taking 5-6 months of phone calls and paperwork to finally obtain my "precious" Capital One HBC Master Card (reason it takes so long is due to previous identity theft and fraud in my past, it's like Fort Knox applying for any credit through the Credit Bureau), and using my card regularly for almost a full year I pay off my statements every month fully. I go to make a purchase one day at an HBC store and my card is declined due to the fact that they've cancelled it! I've received no notification as to why or when this was done. The store manager called up Capital One right on the spot insisting that this was not acceptable and the financial institution simply said it was an error on their part and that there was nothing that they could do about it, once a card is cancelled they cannot reinstate it I would just have to reapply again. Like heck I'm going to go through that again! The only reason I got one in the first place was to earn the extra reward points and get an extra discount the day I purchased something and signed up (which I couldn't get because I had to go the long route of getting a card due to the credit bureau situation, the store couldn't issue me a temporary card like they usually do). If this is what they do to their loyal customers and my past history of payments isn't proof enough that they can reissue my card because of a mistake of theirs, then I don't want anything to do with them! Although they couldn't send me a notification of cancellation, they did send me my statement and expect payment on time.

N  4th of Jan, 2013 by
Hi @D I M K - It’s Andrew from Capital One Canada. We recently came across this forum and saw your post; so, please accept our apologies for the delayed response. We would like to further investigate this matter to see if there's anything we can do to help or to answer any questions you may have. Please reach out to us at SocialCanada@capitalone.com. Thank you.
A  16th of Jun, 2017 by
Their service is very bad. They gave me a credit card which couldn't be used online. Who does that???? In the past they haven't issued a credit card automatically closer to the card expiry date. Very poor service again seems like they don't want me to use the credit card and I have perfect credit history.

No wonder Hudson Bay is doing all these layoffs due to losses. Seems like if they keep this up they will be the next Sears.

Capital One Financial Corporation Logo Capital One Financial Corporation