Capital One Bank / finance charge

I made a mistake on my sept. bill .we sent a check for $300.00 short for the oct. bill and had a finance charge of $21.74. I payed the entired bill including the finance charge.On the nov. bill i was charge $12.47 of finance charge without having a balance on my bill.
I call costomer service three times and got three different answers from India.Can someone please get in touch with me and give me the real reason for the finance charges or I will have to close my account.I have been with your company for about 25 years or more and pay off our bill every month.

Comments

29th of Nov, 2008

I have had the same issue without an explanation. I called, spoke with a manager, demanded the removal of the finance charges, and they were removed. No idea why, but it was successful for reimbursement of the charges. Hope this helps.

• Na
      30th of Jun, 2009

Robert, do you know what your due date was? If the payment was made after your due date then your account would have automatically assessed fees. You see Finance charges are applied to your account daily and there are maintenance fees, so as long as there is a balance of the account then the account will assess Finance Charges. Hope this helps!