Capital One Auto Finance / relentless call center on day of husbands funeral

While my husband lay dying, Capital One took 2 payments rather than 1 out of my account and would not return it... they caused my account to be 600.00 over drawn!!!

And the day of the funeral they hounded me for money after I said he was DEAD and it was the day of the funeral... I would talk to them the next day... NO they just kept hounding me in front of my family. I finally hung up on them. They are relentless on their calling and I have had a loan with them for almost 5 years!!!

Do not ever do a payment over the phone.. they will get it wrong

And after making arrangements, I had a funeral back in the state we are from originally and they did it that day as well!!! in front of relatives again... I was appalled at thier treatment of a customer they are making thousands of dollars off of at a time like that

Infurated in Tempe

A  17th of Apr, 2009 by
My husband cancelled a Capital One Visa card because they did the same thing the day of his mother's wake. Our payment was received two days after whatever cut off they wanted it by. You have a grace period and this arrived the day after that. It was an account in good standing not a bit overlimit or in trouble. He must have forgot to throw the made out envelope in the mail for a couple of days because he was sleeping in the ICU lobby for a few days. They called the day of his mom's wake and when he asked them to either wait for the check in the mail or let him pay them by phone the next day, he could not handle this now he was at his mother's wake, they had the nerve to tell him his Capital One Mastercard payment had arrived, but it was one day over the deadline too, and that he would be reported to the credit bureaus etc. etc. unless he made immediate telephone payment by phone today etc. etc. He walked out of the wake for a moment to scream at these people in the hallway...They are explotative and non-human.Kelly
A  28th of Aug, 2009 by
They did the same thing to us at both my mother's and our grandbabies funeral. Telling them you are at a funeral does NO good. I hung up on them and within the 3 hours or so for the grandbabies funeral and the meal afterward they called me 14 times!!! i kept hanging up cause I was too upset to talk(the baby was 9 1/2 months old). Finally my husband just shut the phone off and boy did they let us know about it later. Saddest part is, we had made the payment and they had lost it.

Capital One Financial Corporation Logo Capital One Financial Corporation