Capital Management Services / Very rude representatives

1 726 Exchange Street, Suite 700Buffalo, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-201-4973

These people are one of the ABSOLUTE WORST collection agencies! Originally, I had called two weeks before the amount was set to come out of my checking account. The person on the other line said that it was okay and hung up. Okay, fine, well two weeks later I get a letter saying that they are planning to take money out of my account this month when I specifically called and said not to take anything out, but to take it out next month and was told that was okay.

I called inquiring about a debt and I wanted to CHANGE the date of payment and they got all huffy about it. I wasn't backing out of the arrangement or paying, I was just changing the date because I had an emergency and wouldn't be able to pay the agreed amount on that date. I was willing to make two payments the next month to make up for this month. The representative started arguing with me REMINDING ME that they are a debt collection agency collecting a debt. Luckily I had a name and gave the name of this person. At first she was going to say there is no person by that name, but then she stopped, stuttered a minute, and then got me the person.

These people WILL NOT work with you if you have a financial emergency and can't make a payment. Never deal with these people.

Comments

2nd of Oct, 2009

worst company ever they have the rudest reps in the world i had a posted check that i gave them for a one time payment and they set up a auto payment without my authorization then when i called to find out if they can stop and why it was charged the rep transfered me to the manager named christina she was the rudest ### ever she was talking over me at the same time i was talking i could not get a word in then she said i was confusing her after i demaned for her to let me speak she continued to talk over me the conversation got really heated and i hung up. i called back to speak with someone else i got a man name geroge he was rude too he answered the phone with a attitude as if she put him on alert i was asking him a question and he hung up i called back again and they hung up again.

11th of Feb, 2010

I called on a closed bank account that was from my college days. I wanted to clear it up and be done with it so I called in to try and make a payment. The rep. said that the computers were down and she didnt know how much i owed. I told her the letter I received said a 35% was sent (157.89) and I had previously tried to pay it online but the amount was 250.98 and obviously i would rather pay the lower amount. She immediatly got ugly and said i was lieing to her. She hung up on me. I called back and asked to speak with a manager, they transfered me back to her...She said I had 1 chance to pay and I blew it. I told her I was recording the conversation and that all I wanted to do was pay the debt in full. She proceeded to tell me that her lawyers(yeah right) would call me and that she is done dealing with me. I told her "Just let me pay my money owed" she said that I screwed up by asking for a manager and that she is done with me." "watch your horrible credit get worse"! she then threatened. She then hung up on me. Don't get me wrong I should paid this a while ago but I am an executive in a fortune 100 company and have good credit. I was insulted when she said that I obviously have horrible credit and should have paid this "years" ago. Well maybe but I am trying to pay it now with no luck... I did find that if you google the company you will find numerous numbers and they dont all route tot he same area...Just in case you get such a horrible rep like I did that won't even TAKE!!! your money!!! crazy!

• At
      3rd of Apr, 2010

HI, I am a consumer advocate in NYC. I have dealt with Capital Mangement Services before for violating the FDCPA. Feel free to contact me for free advice or representation. if your rights have been violated under the FDCPA yuou are entitled to up to $1000 (plus they have to pay your attorney's fees).
    Regards,
    Attorney Harvey Rephen
    212.796.0930
    consumeradvocatenyc@gmail.com

18th of Sep, 2010

well i personally think that capital management services tries all that they can to help out debtors. Debtor call in demanding this, demanding that. granted, you may find a few representatives that might now be as pleasant. You have to keep in mind this is a debt you owe, if you feel that they are being rude. hanging up will not change your balance. in fact. the interest accumulates. I'm sure you deal with rude people everyday like bill collectors do. maybe you should pay your debt. that way you don't have to go throught this.

2nd of Jun, 2011

capital management services called for the first time on May 3rd, 2011. They told me they were calling about an account I opened on October 12th, 2007. I had explained the debt was not mine. My social security # and personal information was used from the corporation, which was to have been dissolved in May of 2000. the rep I spoke with could have cared less and asked how I was going to pay. I told her I was disputing this debt. She told me I had to write the dispute, but did not give me the address. I was told a letter to validate this debt was mailed to me on May 6th, 2011. I said I never recieved the letter and the rep I was speaking to told me I probably ripped it up and would not send any other letter until I agreed to the settlement terms he was about to give me. To date have not received anything in writing to validate this debt.