Canadian Tire / lousy and sexist customer service
I visited the canadian tire store at centre mall in hamilton asking for assistance with a bathroom plumbing problem. The clerk, scott was arrogant, disrespectful and sexist. His response to me when I couldn't perfectly describe the plumbing problem was: "well all I know is that somewhere in the world there is a pipe with a hole in it that needs to be fixed" this was said with a disdainful and sarcastic tone. When I complained to carol, the store manager she chuckled and said:"oh that is just scott's sense of humour" I found this remark dismissive and condoning of his outrageous behaviour so I then called al cunningham (Who is a long way from richie's nice dad...) al said he was sorry and said he would "interview them" and also told me he has never had any complaints about scott before and he was a long time employee. I interpreted that to mean that I was somehow an isolated complainer whose opinion must surely be erroneous. This whole system strived to make me feel disrepectfed and my concerns irrelevant. I compare canadian tire to the home depot who give courses in home repairs to the outdated 1950's style customer service of this inadequate chain store, canadian tire where my friends, family and I used to shop at. Oh and by the way, mr cunningham didn't even bother to ask my name or contact information so I guess i'll just have to assume that he 'gave a good talking to to scott about the little lady who made a complaint'
I't's no wonder big name american stores like lowes are making it a success in canada
Booooooo canadian tire!!
More Canadian Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmower - it simply does not cut the grass properly! 
- Canadian Tire Mastercraft Tool - would not let me return 
- Canadian Tire - bad customer service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - parts service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - defective item 
- Canadian Tire - management
- Canadian Tire - battery purchase
- Canadian Tire - online order for pickup
- Canadian Tire - poor service
- Canadian Tire - I am complaining about my mastercard