Canada Post / unethical behaviour and incompetence

1 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I visited the Canada Post office at First Canadian Place on Feb-20-2018 to mail a letter to Singapore. The clerk, here name is Rosanne (TR2527259), said I can pay extra and get tracking, total cost $18, with Tax it came to $23.90. The reason for sending this was because it was time sensitive. I have been checking on-line for weeks and the status shows IN-TRANSIT. I thought it was delivered but maybe the system was not recording it accurately based on what I was told on similar posts in Canada.

Today, on 15-May-2018, I went back to the Canada Post at First Canadian Place in Toronto and mentioned my complaint to the clerk; not Rosanne as she was not in. The clerk said that firstly there is no tracking for mail outside Canada and destination code was incorrect, it was NL when it was supposed to be for Singapore.

Now It was a simple letter I was mailing and I was very clear and specific about the destination and sensitivity of the item. The clerk upsold me on the price, entered incorrect information and my mail never reached it's destination. I feel lied to and cheated by this clerk. Generally, I find clerks at this location always trying to charge more mail.

Canada Post

Ra
May 15, 2018

Comments

• Da
      7th of Jul, 2018

I just phone Post Canada to ask them whats going on?
    A $6.46 (CDN) purchase (2 rubber o-ring) expidited through ''express'' USPS was received 5 weeks ago at Ville St-Laurent, Canada (31 mai 2018) and due for delivery in Quebec City.
    The usual '' ... its the custom delaying the delivery... '' was served to me and please contact the US shipper to see whats going on. Ya, he will be able to get Canada post to stop lying. It took 2 days for the envelope to reach Canada and one month later I am still whaiting.
    Tried to lodge a complainte on Canada post web site. They sure made it impossible to give my feed-back on their site :-) smart guys. but it is possible to use their snail-mail to write to them. so this might explain why my envelope is strugeling to get to me.
    This is not the first time I have issues with them. Time is more than over due for the foreclosure of Canada Post.
    (réf. track no. LZ558072755US)

• Ji
      10th of Aug, 2018

I got an email that a parcel was being shipped with a tracking number. Yesterday there was an update on the tracking to say that they rang the door bell and no one answered. This was a lie as I have a door bell with a camera and no one came to my door. The post person just put a notice to pick up at the near post office and left the notice in my community mailbox and did not leave on my door at my house. They lied that I was not home as I can see they did not even try to deliver the parcel to my house as I am alerted on my cell that the door bell has rung and I can see if anyone rang the doorbell. Today I had to go twice to the local post office to pick up the parcel. This employee needs to be taken action with. This is down right untruth and not doing their job.