Canada Post — I am being denied free access to my mail.
For ten years I have walked to the Post Office after work to pick up my mail.
I start work at 8.00 am and work until at least 5.30 pm. I run a store and do not close for lunch. I have never encountered a problem, until this last week, when I have found all the doors locked. Today I was informed that I will have to buy a key (17.95) if I want to pick up my mail when the Post Office is closed. This is extortion. Someone has already paid to send me the mail - is it right that I now have to pay in order to receive it? I understand that the Post Office has the right to lock the doors, but surely not the right to deny me free access to my mail.
More Canada Post Complaints & Reviews
- Canada Post - parcel tracking 
- Canada Post - fake attempted delivery, fake tracking number 
- Canada Post - undeliverable mail 
- Canada Post - missing delivery 
- Canada Post - no delivery attempt 
- Canada Post - services
- Canada Post - customer service
- Canada Post - mail lady and her manager
- Canada Post Service (Kensington Store) - horrible and inconsistent customer counter service
- Canada Post - mail