Cabela's Tur-Duc-Hen / lack of responsiveness
My review on Cabelas.com:
Re: Cabela's Tur-Duc-Hen
I purchased Cabela's Tur-Duc-Hen for Christmas dinner and it was a nightmare...
Bottom line is that whoever Cabela's has producing this product must put it through a brining process prior to shipment.
After cooking the bird(s) and bringing up to temperature, I let it rest and started serving for a dinner party of 20.
When served, I noticed that people were taking one bite and sheepishly removing said bite to the provided dinner's napkins. As I continued to carve, I cut a bite to taste for myself and was not able to swallow.
It tasted like it sat in a brine tub for three days. Maybe this was a Friday bird that never made it out until Monday p.m.
20 really disappointed people rummaged around the house trying to get full on the appetizers and ancillary food that was brought to the house in support of the main meal.
Anyway, I asked for my money back and Cabela's countered with a refund for shipping and a $15.00 gift certificate.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!
I saved some of the bird and offered to send it back frozen for a taste test, and Cabela's refused to take me up on the offer.
The entire Tur-Duc-Hen went in to the trash.
This will be the last product that I will purchase through Cabela's in view of the lack of responsiveness...
Consider yourself duly warned...
More Cabela's Tur-Duc-Hen Complaints & Reviews
- World's Foremost Bank, a Division of Cabelas - credit card acct management practices 
- Cabela's Refund & Exchange Policy - unauthorized retention of personal, private data 
- Cabelas Visa World's Foremost Bank - 0% interest is misleading 
- Cabela's Smith & Wesson Rebate Offer - failure to send rebate 
- Cabelas - scam - bad customer service 
- Cabelas - firearms customer service personnel
- Cabela's - a dog in the store/not a support dog
- Cabela's - military discount for fishing license
- Cabela's - customer service support
- Cabela's - indianapolis store personnel.