Cabelas / scam - bad customer service

Don't do business with them. They offered a good deal online. Afther the purchase, they provided a tracking no., but never shipped the merchandise. When I called in, they tried to find different reasons to cancel my orders. Bad business. Stay away!!!

Ni

Comments

• Sp
      22nd of Sep, 2010

NOT A COMPLAINT -- I am a member of this site and have posted complaints, but I feel that I have to say that I have done a lot of overseas business with Cabela's (and that is always the most difficult) and I could not be more impressed with their products and customer service. Their prices are not always the lowest, but they stand behind everything they sell. Once they sent me two expensive fishing rods that I had ordered with the cheapest, slowest shipping possible. I was not happy with the products. They replaced them without question and without waiting for my returns, and they mailed the replacements Priority Mail. I had the new rods in four days. It has always been that way. I think Cabela's is a great company. Ditto for their competitor, Bass Pro Shops. Similar prices, similar great service.

• Ni
      22nd of Sep, 2010

Cabela's representatives told me they strickly not shipping their products oversea 'cause it's illegal. And, that's one of the reasons they didn't ship my order. They were afraid I'd bring the item out of the U.S. I have a reference at Cabela where you can call. She will tell you exactly what I said and she doesn't have patient to repeat it more than twice. Carol will not shy to tell you not to call again & not to buy anymore from Cabela's. She must think she owns the company.

By the way, do you have a reference that can be verified you've purchased merchandise from Cabela's & have them shipped to you oversea? If not, you must be a Cabela's employee or someone they hired to write good comments for them.

• Ro
      19th of Nov, 2010

The same thing happened to me and I live in Texas. I ordered an item online that had a great sale price. I printed out a receipt of my transaction. Several weeks go by and I wonder what happened to my order? I discover from their tracking website that my order was changed to "BACKORDERED". Nice! Nothing like notifying the customer! I double-checked thinking that maybe they didn't have my correct email address. Nope! My address was correct! And they sure were able to use it to spam me with other offers in the meantime but they couldn't give me the courtesy of telling me that my order was not in stock and backordered. It didn't show as not being in stock when I had ordered it. Okay, mistakes happen. I wait patiently for several more weeks and nothing. So when I check the tracking link with my order number I find out that my order apparently no longer existed. A call to Cabela's confirmed that my order was CANCELLED. Nice! Nothing like good customer relations and communications! Again NO notification to me -the customer. Cabela's just quietly made the order dissapear. And never did they give me the courtesy of telling me ANYTHING despite having my phone number, snail mail and email addresses. I even checked my spam filter and nothing! Well NEVER AGAIN! The customer service rep was also very defensive and hardly sympathetic at all. They bordered on being rude and were somewhat calloused. What kind of way is this to run a business? Oh yeah, they had TWO preauthorizations on my credit card, for the same dollar amount as on my original receipt and order.

9th of Jan, 2011

Samething happened to me. My biggest complaint is that their online and accounting systems is always down. Their Accounting system is down. They robbed my money and could not refund my money back as their accounting systems are down for the last three months. I stopped calling them now. I started wasting my time calling them so may time to hear that their accounting systems are down. They are supposed to give me a refund for an item that they could not fulfil. However, they gave partial refund due to some accounting error. Since then, they acknowledge the problem and could not complete their refund. They charged my credit card on the same day of purchase. But my refund (partial amount), takes about 4 - 6 weeks to reflect. They are very rude as their primary customer is the Governement and average consumer is secondary to them... Will never do business with them..

9th of Jan, 2011

BTW, they have the worst customer service & call center and IT Systems...

9th of Jan, 2011

Spearhead seems to be a company insider paid to post good posts. So much time to post good reviews on complaints board!!!

• Ke
      4th of Jan, 2014

Ordered a knife from them.
    Item arrived with a broken handle and when I tried to return it they sent it back and some warehouse worker sent along with it a print out of their policies with the part that read "we do not accept returns on items broken by customers" highlighted.
    As if they cold have any idea who broke what.
    Terrible company.