Cabela's / worst service ever

I purchased a dog collar from their on-line catalog. The product originally sold for $99 and was listed on sale for $59. It was also clearly advertised as "in-stock". The next day I received a notice from them that my order was cancelled because the item had been discontinued. I was very disappointed. At that point, I went back to the on-line catalog to see what my other options were. To my surprise, the same collar was listed with the same manufacturer's description. The item had a new Cabella's product number and a new price of $109. At that point I got angry because I felt cheated by CABELAS. I sent an e-mail to them stating my dissatisfaction. To date, no response from customer service. Cabelas has a good name in the the industry, I'm sure if upper management knew how un-responsive customer service is, they would remedy.

11/28/08 Update, it's been 2 weeks since I contacted Cabelas customer service . . . STILL, NO RESPONSE from them. I'm convienced they don't care about retaining customers. There buisness must be great that they can just "blow" their customers off. I'm not happy & will not buy from them in the future.

Ol

Comments

7th of Dec, 2011

are those dates correct if so have they sent you the dog collar yet please contact me at seannamae@msn.com

• Al
      7th of Jan, 2012

I am dissatisfied with Cabelas at the low management level, too. There is no way to contact the board or anyone high enough in management to make a difference. Cabelas would not provide me with a receipt for merchandise purchased as a gift. Demanding a receipt was useless because their lower management is brainless. The last straw was when they sent a gift to the wrong address then blamed me. With no receipt for my purchase I didn't have a leg to stand on. Lower management refused to overnight a package one county away from the store to my mother. I had to express mail the item from Alaska but it arrived late because nothing moves fast from rural Alaska. I've been a loyal Cabelas customer for decades but have ended my association with them over this incident. Cabelas is too big to care about individual customers today. Everyone who purchases an item in this country is entitled to a receipt.