Burlington Coat Factory / poor customer service
I went to Burlington Coat Factoryto purchase a Ski Jacket. Several of the Columbia 3 in 1 interchange jackets they had did not come with anything more than the outer shell yet they were priced the same as the few jackets that came as a complete set. I asked an employee if they were in fact selling all of these jackets (complete and incomplete) at the same price. This employee took my question to the store manager and then relayed his response. Without having seen the jackets I inquired about the manager said those jackets with liners were a different season jacket than the ones without liners. He added that they were in fact the same price. This was an obviously incorrect answer and I pointed out to the employee that all of these jackets were the same type of Ski Jacket. The only difference between the jackets was that some were missing liners. The employee one complete set and one incomplete set and had me meet the manager. The manager looked over the jacket and said he would take 15 dollars off the price. The manager behaved (in tone of voice and in the language he used) as though he were doing me a favor. This discussion took place behind the chasier register. When he placed the jackets on the counter and looked them over, I walked up next to him to resume the conversation. He directed me to stand outside of his area. I thought that was extremely poor customer service. If they want to run their store as though it were Fort Knox, they're going to turn off a lot of customers. That aside, I pointed out that the liner was worth more than 15 dollars he picked up the jacket, looked it over once more and said, "So are you going to buy it or not".
The bottom line is, I don't need to purchase anything from Burlington Coat Factory. There are plenty of other stores that I can do business with. They are not the only game in town and I doubt very much that I will ever purchase anything from them in the future.
More Burlington Coat Factory Complaints & Reviews
- Burlington Coat Factory - return policy problem 
- Burlington Coat Factory - no cash refund 
- Burlington Coat Factory - scam and cheating!
- Burlington Coat Factory - corruption 
- Burlington Coat Factory - unfair return policy! 
- Burlington Coat Factory Direct Corporation - store floor, rutherford, nj
- Burlington Coat Factory Direct Corporation - refusal to reship merchandise
- Burlington Coat Factory Direct Corporation - store condition and customer service
- Burlington Coat Factory Direct Corporation - rude associate
- Burlington Coat Factory Direct Corporation - rude manager and embarrassing in front of others