Burlington Coat Factory Direct Corporation / customer service/ store manager

1 3684 US9Freehold, NJ, United States

My wife and I went to Burlington 3684 US 9 Freehold NJ on 12/15/18 to purchase a coat for our son, another one for me and other miscellaneous products. After shopping the cashier scanned all items and we paid with a credit card. She told us the credit card didn't go through. We told her we didn't want to be charged twice but she insisted to try it again, so we did. The register did not print a receipt and she told us the card was declined. I checked my banking mobile app and the transaction was approved. I showed it to the cashier and at this time she called a manager or head cashier. This new person said the same, if it doesn't print a receipt, the transaction did not go through. Again I showed her my capital one app. At this time some kind of security or LP showed up and stood behind the cashiers. Next, Store Manager Renne came to try to figure out the issue as I was on the phone with capitol one. Renne said the items are not paid for and we can not take the merchandise. At this point we waited for 30 min. We were in a hurry because it was our sons birthday. Renne kept saying it wasn't paid, while I put on speaker phone tha Manager from Capital One. My credit card representative explained that Burlington charged us, not once, but twice the $287. At this point Renne discovered there was no receipt paper in the register. We kept watching other customers go by from other registers. Capitol One recorded the whole argument as she told Renne she would. Not once, anybody apologized to us after the embarrassing scenario. I wanted to leave earlier but my app showed that we were charged. At one point the cashier bagged a few items and gave them to me but during all this confusion she asked for the bag back. We still don't have a receipt since the didn't know how to print it. I explained I bought 2 coats for my son so he can pick and we will return the other. Capitol one called your corporate office to try to get the receipt. Renne was no help at all, she was arrogant and disrespectful at times, insinuating we can not take the merchandise and we didn't pay. She offered no solutions and had us waiting for ever. We felt very uncomfortable in this store that we been shopping for years.

Burlington Coat Factory Direct Corporation