Burger King / overcharged and treated rudely

I was charged $4.08 for a sausage biscuit and a medium soft drink at Burger King on Matlock Road in Arlington, TX. I indicated to the cashier that this was incorrect--and I pointed out that the prices on the menu validated my point, and that I had NOT ordered the full meal. He simply said he hadn't charged me for the full meal and that the price was correct. There are PLENTY of places in Arlington, TX, I can grab a quick breakfast and not be ripped off. I WON'T BE BACK. It was not a huge overcharge...but I felt that the cashier should know the prices of the products, should have known the charge was incorrect, and should not have treated me rudely. Like I said: I WON'T BE BACK, and I'm telling everyone I know that I was treated rudely and ripped off. I guess they must think that if they rip enough people off for a dollar or two, by the end of the day they'll pretty well for themselves.

A  28th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You are absolutely right about the overcharging. I wanted a croissant with egg, but was charged for a croissant with egg and cheese. When I bought this to her attention that I was charged too much I was told, that this was the way they did it. I said it was cheaper to charge me for a croissant and add egg which it was. She told me that they were not suppose to charge me for the croissant and egg, but for the croissant with egg and cheese which is more.

I stay in line and got the item for the cheaper price. when I told my husband about it, he wanted to talk to the manager of Burger King at Moog and US 19 in Holiday, Fl. to find why the difference in prices. She did not want to come out and discuss this with him, she sent someone else out. It was the manager that had tried to overcharge my wife and she did not want to be confronted. At the time of the economic crisis you would think that you would try to hold on to your customers. It's not the difference in price that bothers me, it's just the fact of being overcharged. This is one person who will not be going back to Burger King.
N  20th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just stick to the value menu.
Im going to BK right now to pick up some cheesy hash browns and some of there new double crispy things...
god im hungry.
Ill be headed to the same BK on Moog and 19 since its the closest.
I hope there still open (its 12:20am)

Ill let yall know how it goes!
N  20th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
2 double crispys - $2.00
2 six piece Cheesy tots - $2.98 ($1.49 ea.)

total - $4.68??? (as lady said) should be about $5.32 plus tax.
cash -$5
change - $0.40...(handed back 1 quarter, 1 dime, 1 nickel)

ok...so I got undercharged...with no reciepe either...

I WILL be going back!!!
N  28th of Oct, 2010 by
It does cost more to order separately especially with a lg drink. Combo meals are always cheaper. That is why they are called value meals. It is the same practice at every restaurant. And it is the same price for an egg sausage croissant as an sec croissant. The cashier was right.
N  8th of May, 2011 by
Just got overcharged big time at the burgerking store in Wheaton 2191 w Roosevelt rd in illinois. I ordered 2 single bacon cheese (single stacker) 1 med fry and lg Dr.pepper...$8.21!!! This should have been 5.88!! I was on my way home from a funeral and didn't question it at the window, thought about it after I got home and looked at the receipt and said wtf? I spend 45-50 week at burgerking cause I don't grocery shop and I don't much like the other fast food burger joints here. I'm taking my $2600 year business else where, I simply wont put up with being ripped off in an economic time such as this. The gov is stealing from us, the banks are stealing from us, now the food joints are gonna steal from us, after they've already over charged us for the slop to begin with. I mean this same meal was 3.37 just 2 years ago people!! Remember 2 burgers 2 fries 2 bucks? These deals aren't deals at all, they're jacked up big time before the fact then steal on top of it too. Piss on you BurgerKing, Ronald, Wendy or Jack will take my hard earned cash just as easily as you will, I'll not be going back unless there are some form of reparations.

Burger King Logo Burger King