Builders Warehouse / inferior quality product plus bad attitude

On Sat 31009 I had the most unpleasant experience of returning an item to BW- Northgate Island. I purchased a (pricey!) drying rack from BW in the winter of 2008, for which I unfortunately did not keep the receipt. It was only used during extremely wet weather and this winter it simply snapped! A year after purchase!

I explained the predicament and asked for the rack to either be replaced or fixed or failing that, to please assist me in fixing it. I was informed that they would contact the supplier and get back to me on Mon. Needless to say I was NOT contacted. I then phoned on Monday 1210 and after much toing and froing a manager named Arthur proceeded, in a most offensive tone of voice to say there was nothing he could do.He said the last time they had stocked this item was over 2yrs ago- well I was living in the UK up until last year so this is a blatant lie! I was also told they had discontinued this product due to its inferior quality! How then is it possible to acknowledge the inferiority of a product your shop sells but then in the same breath to not honour a customer who comes back with this inferior product?? Im most upset at this unprofessional conduct!

Ar

Comments

• Di
      20th of Dec, 2018

I bought a housebrand, SABS approved door lock - only to find that the pre-cut keys do not match the over-the-counter pre-cut keys - even though they had the same code. Cheap Chinese knock-offs and they have the cheek to brand it as SABS approved, which it cannot possibly be. The store manager still had the cheek to have "attitude" with me!