Budget Rent A Car / budget rent a car are crooks! be very scared!

1 Panama

I rented a car in Panama City, Panama in Mid November, 2007. They guest service agent who was 30 minutes late opening the store, took an hour to rent me A DEFECTIVE CAR (it shook so badly that my teeth chattered). Additionally, I was made to pay for every insurance that they had because I was an "American." Well, when I returned the car, I was told it had damages. I replied that I did not care because, "I have paid for ALL of YOUR BOGUS insurances; I was told that insurance does not pay for this damage which the could NEVER EXPLAIN.. I asked for the keys back so that I could go drive the car into the nearest lake; unfortunately they refused my request. Besides that, the workers only speak English until they find out that some of us do not speak Spanish; they you never hear another English word again... How Amazing... Ultimately, I got charged $165 for a car that originally started out to be $40.

When calling customer service, those robots apparently have no managers that they report to (must be nice to be an independent worker with no restrictions), nor can they do anything to help except to read me a script.

NEVER AGAIN! Don't go to Budget! RUN FOR THE HILLS INSTEAD!

I have contacted my credit card and threatened account closure if they allow this charge to go through... There are two reasons for my dispute. One, the car was rented to me defective (violation of their own policy). Second, I was charged WAY above what my contract stated - fraud (which, I imagine is a violation of laws within most countries).

No wonder the company is failing. Their entire infrastructure is marked by a bunch of incompetent ingrates who don't understand the basic fundamentals of business or customer service.

Va