BritishAirways.com / refund and cancellation problems!

I booked 4 tickets with BA on 23 Jan via their website. I booked in South Africa. By 25 Jan i had not received any e-ticket.

I checked my credit card and no debits were present. I went back to the web site and tried to book the same flight again. The price had increased to R34000 (from R31800). I booked a flight with SAA at R26000. On Jan 27 my credit card showed a debit from BA. My bank confirmed that BA delayed processing the card transaction. BA also advised this is "because the card debits are done via London". I have never received an e-ticket although BA say they issued it. After many phone calls, and repeated listening to the BA theme tune i have been told that i can only cancel my ticket via the web site as well as pay a penalty of +/- R4000 for doing so? I would think it reasonable that they refund in full - after all it is their poor systems and procedures that led to the problem. To cancel the booking i had to once again contact BA to get a booking reference as they still have not issued a ticket. The final word is that their web site says "Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment." The worlds favorite airline? Not. (roughly divide R by 10 to get pound equivalent).

Va

British Airways
    Heathrow Airport
    London, England
    United Kingdom

I am Advocate Joshua Aston and my passport number is F3366314. I am doing my Masters in International Criminal Law at the University of Sussex, Brighton.

I had a booking on BA 0198 from Mumbai to London on 30 June 2007. The flight was to leave Mumbai Airport at 1315 but due to bad weather conditions there was an unfortunate delay of six hours. The flight took off at 1915. I do understand that passengers may have to face such unavoidable situations but what I fail to understand is the poor quality of customer service of the BA staff, received by my colleagues and me at the Chatrapati Shivaji Airport, Mumbai. No information what so ever was given to any passenger by the BA authorities in Mumbai about the delay. Since we had already undergone the Security Check we could not get out of the Airport. BA should have at least been considerate and served Lunch but they couldn’t be bothered. We were asked to wait without any information. This was indeed very pathetic.

We landed at the Heathrow Airport at 11.20pm (GMT). I had my booking on National Express from London Heathrow to Brighton at 2135. (Ticket Number ETHR3550) and I was clearly told by the BA Authorities in Mumbai that connections will be taken care of once we land in London. I took my luggage and rushed to the Information desk at the Heathrow Airport. Surprisingly it was closed. I went with my entire luggage to the National Express Bus Office outside the Airport. All the offices were closed. I came into the Airport and looked for help but could not find any.

Finally I met Alesandria who works for BA. I explained my problem to her but she too could not help me. She did make inquiries with her seniors but I was not given a satisfactory solution. I was told to take a cab and proceed to Brighton. I was told that I would have to bare the cab charges (180 GBP). I requested her to put me up in some hotel tonight but unfortunately this too could not be done. I was asked to sit in the Reserved Sitting Area where there was hardly any seat vacant.

I consulted another BA member and explained my problem. What I got to here in return is that according to the contract British Airways is only responsible to bring passengers from A to B. It may not be on the same day or at the same time or with the same Airlines. He also told me to read the terms and conditions printed on the ticket. What could have been more rude than this legal explanation?

Later I had to take a cab and go to the Brighton at my own expense.(Nearly 200GBP) This amount is close to my one way journey to Mumbai.

I am an Executive Club Member of BA and this was only the third time I flew with BA. This is not what we deserve. I am not upset about the situation but I am upset about the way in which it was handled. If BA authorities in London knew that the flight is delayed by 6 hours there should have been sufficient staff to deal with our problems efficiently. Not a single drop of water was available at the Airport as all shops were closed. Isn’t this a torture?

Anyways, I thought I should bring this to notice so that we as passengers of BA can help the Airlines to provide us with better customer service. What we needed is a bit of sympathy and caring…

With warm regards

Sincerely

Joshua Aston

• Ew
      6th of Jun, 2012

i am ewenla saheeed adebayo
    pls help me concereing the money

• Ew