British Gas / 5 star heating plan
I tried to take out the 5 star plan from british gas.
When the engineer came to ### the central heating, he spotted that the sight glass on the boiler was cracked.
He told me that the boiler was not safe and would have to disconnect it because the boiler was old and parts were unobtainable.
Before he arrived the boiler had been working perfectly with this cracked sight glass for about ten years.
British gas sent a rep to sell me a new boiler to the cost of £2700
Or a new system for £4800.
My son obtained a new sight glass and replaced it, but still british gas want £160 to reconnect.
THEY ARE A COMPLETE DISGRACE,
THE 5 STAR PLAN IS A SCAM TO MAKE PROFIT MAINLY OUT OF THE OLD.
As i am an OAP I could not afford either of these two costs.
Therefore I have been without hot water or Central Heating since February 2007 As the winter approches I still cannot fird the money to repalce my boiler, if there is anyone out there that can suggest anything please get in touch.
More British Gas Complaints & Reviews
- British Gas Homecare - Annual service! 
- HomeCare 300 - British Gas - House damage and other problems caused by British Gas 
- British Gas - Hate British Gas and all who work there
- British Gas - Terrible service 
- British Gas - BILLING PROBLEMS
- British Gas Services - telephone waiting time 
- BritishGas - Fraudulent charge
- British Gas - Killed my kitten
- British Gas - Boiler instalation
- British Gas - Threat to cut off