British Airwaysbedbugs

My family flew from Washington Dulles (IAD) on British Airways. Our seats had bedbugs and my daughter and I each sustained 40+ bites during the flight. When we complained and I showed a flight attendant my blood-covered hand, he started taking the seats apart and trying to swat them. We flew the remainder of the flight with the lights on in an attempt to keep the insects at bay. Anyone who has received bedbug bites knows they are intensely painful both itching and burning concurrently for several weeks. Needless to say, it ruined our vacation. British Airways offered only $400 each for pain and suffering. We refused as too little.

British Airways
British Airways

Dm

Comments

• Dm
      Nov 23, 2010

Brenda veers from the central issue.
    Obviously, the report above shows that simple treatments do not work.
    Not addressing the central point makes me think Brenda works for BA, owns BA stock or has some other conflict of interest.
    Many/most people would have reactions similar to those shown above making this a problem for anyone that takes a BA flight.
    Nothing provides permanent relief accept time. Bedbug bites many times contain pathogens which create secondary swelling/infections. So, no water, no cream, nothing will heal these bites accept the body’s own immune system over time.
    If someone accepts $400 from BA over this, they would have to agree not to complain publicly because such settlements contain those provisions. So, this is a public service to not accept the money and instead tell the world about an airline having a health problem on its flights.

• Ba
      Feb 22, 2011

I had a similar issue on some recent flights - what an awful thing to go through!

Feel free to take a look around at my site and comment about your own experiences!