British Airwayscustomer service

I booked two tickets through the British Airways web site. Unfortunately I had to cancel one of the tickets so I called within 24 hours to cancel. The customer service representative told me he couldn't do anything because the system was down.

I called back later only to be told I was outside the 24 hour period to cancel my ticket. I explained what had happened but two BA representatives told me there was nothing they could do so I couldn't cancel the ticket and had to absorb the loss. The representatives were also extremely rude and condescending.

I am looking for an apology and a refund on my cancelled ticket.

Comments

• Ir
      May 20, 2008

Last year due to a timetable fault I had to cancel a BA ticket. After a lot of being passed from BA .com back to the Cyprus Office I was given a travel voucher. This should have settled the matter as I travel a lot from Cyprus to Manchester.
    However then BA gave up their franchise with GB airlines who operated this route on behalf of BA.
    I am now left with a travel voucher I am unable to use.
    I have again being in contact with both the Cyprus office and BA.com. Once again I have been passed between both offices with no one being prepared to assist me with a cash refund. (bear in mind it was only my own cash!!) I have now been told even though the routes have been changed. The voucher is not refundable.
    I am left £500 out of pocket.
    My view is beware using British Airways as they have no idea of how to deal with customers or their complaints.

• Ar
      Jun 21, 2011

You manage to forget a stroller of an 13month old baby outside the plane after boarding, you didnt had the sensitivity to help the mother and the baby in their stop over in Heathrow, you told them THAT YOU CANNOT GIVE THEM THE STROLLER BEFORE THE FINAL DESTINATION?????????? YOUR CREW LIED TO HER!!! and ONLY in Chicago you informed them that the stroller is missing???!!! Where is the respect to the customer or a simple humanity???? A week after and no news and there is not a phone nr we can call to talk to a physical person?????? YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON EXISTED...You should be ashamed I wish you go out of business sooner rather than later. YOU ARE A JOKE.

Dec 26, 2012

To Management
    I flew british airways from Johannesburg South Africa to Harare Zimbabwe today, 26th December 2012. Flight number BA6267 . The flight itself was good but the service from the cabin crew was absolutely disgusting. They were unfriendly and grumpy! The service was also incredibly slow! We were on the Zimbabwe border and were still waiting for our drinks. When I made a request I received a dirty look. I found this poor service very disappointing especially as we pay alot of money for the flight which is supposed to include decent, friendly service. As I see it if the cabin crew cannot be friendly then they should find other jobs.
    I look forward to hearing from you soon. Please kindly respond to annamarie.[protected]@yahoo.com
    Many thanks