British Airways / disability discrimination
I have a disablity that means that I require a certain type of alocated seat on an aircraft. A GP has provided me with a letter stating that I do require a special type of seat ( due to an awful case of Claustrophobia)
Despite calling BA 4 times over 5 weeks prior to my flight to Mexico (11 hours) to pre-book my seat I was told I could only do so 72 hours before the flight. I called within 72 hours to be told that all the seats had been either sold or given to 'Frequent Fliers' and that they had put me in a 'special seat'...WITH A BULK HEAD RIGHT IN MY FACE.
I was however told that if I paid to upgrade, that I could have a medical seat. I am about to travel around the world so to 'upgrade' would cost a total of Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â£4000.
As someone with a diagnosed medical condition this is discrimination in favour of someone who is a 'mate of the airline' incredible! I am possibly going to have to cancel the first leg of the flight and sue BA. All my details were on my account booking.
And yes, you have guessed it...Kate The Manchester Supervisor Q4 refuses to escalate the call and says, 'you will have to rebook'.
Please dear god if anyone has a contact in the Senior Management Team within BA, can you ask them to get in contact before litigation starts...great start to 32, 000 miles of flights with BA.
These guys are supposed to be the best in the World at customer service but from what I have seen Thomson Fly and even Flybe are streets ahead.
Incredible that in todays position active discrimination is permitted in favour of mates and people who pay for a medical seat when there is nothing wrong with them.
I even missed my own leaving party as this took 5 hours to deal with and still remains unresolved.
More British Airways Complaints & Reviews
- British Airways Courier Company Limited - recd. fraud e-mail 
- British Airways - very poor ba experience 
- British Airways - disgraceful customer service 
- British Airways - ba - still waiting for my delayed baggage! 
- British Airways - contemptuous and unprofessional customers treatment 
- British Airways - baggage damage
- British Airways - luggage damage after landing in london 
- British Airways - air ticket I purchased
- British Airways - I was denied boarding
- British Airways - unethical behaviour and loss on my part