British Airways / flight ba59 sun 21 nov (7:20pm)

1 South Africa

A minimum expectation when booking this flight with BA is to have entertainment for the duration of my flight of 11hours. When I reported the monitor was not working and your crew member Tony reseted it several times. After the last time I had to go find him to ask what he was going to do next and he responded that there was nothing else he could do, as the flight was very full and the only seat available would be 38E or 37E (can't be sure but it was one between 2 people and another row of seats infront unlike where I was seated in 40E ( no seats in front and plenty legroom) which I'd pre-booked online specifically to get comfortable legroom. I received no apology for the inconveneince from Tony only "Do you want to talk to my boss (Helen)" and brushed off. Also when i asked if bus class was also full, he abruptly stated that even if it wasn't he couldn't move me there. Does your staff receive no training in dealing with complaints?

So i was basically left with a Choice of a worse seat or not having entertainment. Clearly your equipment is not regularly checked, and yet no extra entertainment units or repairs are made possible.
My colleagues' seat beside me 40d was duck taped in order to keep it up!?!

Another few things that occurred on this flight: On take off the lights were left on, during flight the lights went on and off randomly a few times, seemed unlike the procedure I'm used to seeing on flights, and to top off a bad experience, during the 20 minute descent a loud alarm went off for about a minute. No communication was made after to explain what that was about . All these things gave an all round impression that a) procedure is not very important at BA b) your planes are not very well maintained ( at least not the parts your clients get to experience)