Bray & Scarff / Service Department

1 United States

I used to take negative comments against Bray & Scarff with a grain of salt, but no more. I now have to add my displeasure and agree with the others' negative assessment of Bray & Scarff service. We had Bray & Scarff remodel our entire kitchen, including over $15, 000 in new Jenn-Aire appliances. We purchased the extended warranty, because these were high end appliances and WE THOUGHT Bray & Scarff would actually stand behind their word, but clearly we should have paid more attention to the many negative comments regarding their BS Service (pun intended). You would think that spending over $50, 000 with a company would at least draw a modicum of caring about the customer, but sadly that is not true with Bray & Scarff.

Our Jenn-Aire refrigerator stopped making ice one day. We called Bray & Scarff for a repair and told them the ice maker was broken and likely needed to be replaced. After waiting almost 2 weeks for an appointment, B&S rescheduled the appointment twice forcing us to delay it further because we were going out of town on vacation. When we returned home, we had to wait another 2 weeks for an appointment. The repairman was here all of 5 minutes before declaring "yep, you need a new ice maker, but we do not carry the parts, so we will have to order them. After almost 3 more weeks, the part comes in and then we are told the first available appointment to install the parts was 10 days from now. I told the rep that this was unacceptable, I wanted it installed faster. They stated there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak with a manager. They claimed they were all busy and someone would call back. I waited two days and called again. I was told they were all busy and would call back. I'm still waiting. Wow, how disingenuous can you be? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS???

Although the sales people were helpful and seemed pretty good, I can now assure you that I would never again purchase anything from Bray & Scarff. The only company I have ever dealt with that rivaled Bray & Scarff's level of poor service is Verizon, and sadly even they were not as bad as BS Service!

It is very clear that the service division is poorly managed, with inadequate staffing and an obvious lack of concern for customer service.

Je