Bray and Scarff / Terrible experience

1 VA, United States Review updated:

Poor service. Extremely difficult to schedule an appointment. First appointment required me to be home from 11 to 2, arrival time 5. The rep told me if the repair did not work to call and he would return with part. Called and made request, and was told to wait a week for a return visit and that rep would be here with part. He was sent to the home without a part, because the scheduler did not put the request through a manager. It has been approximately a month since the first call and I don't have any idea when this will be repaired if ever.

Lo

Comments

• 2m
      29th of Aug, 2018

Bray and Scarf- so far not good. They delivered a brand new GE oven which doesn’t work. A technician came and and we were told we need a new cooling fan. I called BS and requested a new range as I do not want a new appliance that is being repaired. I was told since I didn’t purchase a service plan I had to go directly to the manufacturer. So now I am dealing with them as well. Each company wants to repair my new appliance. How can GE let a damaged product out of their facility and how can Bray and Scarf allow it to come into my home. ? Neither company cares about the consumer as they both have been paid. My concern is that if I have the part replaced after the fact, it will break again over time. There were other issues with Bray and Scarff not doing a field service before the installation that affected the water lines and the gas line.

• Am
      7th of Oct, 2018

SO FAR SO BAD

I had a new GE gas slide in stove delivered to my home about a week ago. I did not need it installed as my kitchen Reno is still ongoing. I noticed a dent on the back of the unit and tried to get the delivery person to take the unit back. He said I need to call the service department. I was going to just let this pass as it was only a dent on the back panel. A few days later I took some of the plastic wrap off and realized there were many areas that were dented and that the storage drawer will not close without forcing it and scraping the metal. I went to the store to tell them I wanted the unit to be replaced. (a new unit should look NEW) I was told a service person needed to come out first and that they would have the service department call me. That did not happen so I called and was told I would have to wait two weeks to get a person to my house. I expressed my displeasure with this and was then told the tech could come in a week. I again tried to tell them I would not be satisfied with anything other than a replacement. This is the B&S way...a tech must seethe unit first. So I have another two days to wait...Will post an update