Brantano Footwear - Brantano.com / Falling apart

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Brantano, the crumbles, Eastbourne, East Sussex.

I bought a pair of astroturfs from this Brantano store about 3 months ago and i haven't used them that much but they are pretty much falling apart. The whole of the base is coming off and i would not expect that to happen with a pair of $40 nike astroturfs. I would expect astroturfs to last until the base was been worn away which would normally take about a year but these ones are not worn at all and the base started coming off the 3rd time that i played with them. I cannot find the receipt so i could not go back to the store and get a refund but i would like some kind of compensation otherwise it is $40 of my money lost.

Yours sincerely,
Mykel Mason

Comments

• Mr
      10th of Aug, 2013

Title: Your sales woman yelled at my 1-year-old toddler for drinking water when thirsty

I was at one of your outlets in a retail park in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. My 1-year-old toddler daughter was with me and I wanted to check a size of shoe. So I sat her down on one of the waiting stools with her sippy cup and stepped away to pick up the shoe off the shelf. I turned around to HEAR SCOLDING. When I ran back, I saw my baby daughter looking up in dismay at a tall daunting sales woman scolding her for drinking in store and dripping water on her clothes. She told me "Your daughter is dripping juice all over the shop." (It was only a few drops and that too on her own clothes.)

When I told her it was water, she said, "Well, it doesn't matter because she is soaked and the furniture is soaked through ." Clearly a falsehood because there was hardly any water in the 190ml sippy cup to begin with.

Instead of offering to help me find the correct shoe size while I could hold baby, this woman was screaming at my 1-year-old child for drinking water when thirsty. It is shocking that a store would treat a defenseless thirsty baby this way. My daughter was shivering of fear when I picked her up; she has never had anyone yell at her like that.

I am horrified and extremely disappointed at your quality of service. I used to be a regular customer at this shop. But I left with my baby without arguing and I am never going back to Brantano ever again. As a journalist, I am also spreading the word via various media.