Bottom Line Books / did not order books, but got a bill

1 IN, United States Review updated:

Got a reminder notice for a book I never ordered from Bottom Line Books...never got the first bill because I never ordered the book in the first place. Never saw the book or the first bill, because I didn't order it.
This really upsets me, because I was unemployed in March and didn't find a job untill 5 weeks ago...I'm facing forcloser on my home of 20 years and barely able to survive on what I'm making at a part time job that pays $6.55 an hour.
I'm living on food stamps and have begged and borrowed all there is to get from the state and family and friends...why would I purchase something like a book??? When I can't even afford to buy Christmas for my grandbaby ???
They want me to pay $47.94 for something I didn't order...that is enough for a nice present for my grandbady...this really makes me mad...and it makes me cry...like I don't have enough to worry about.

Cj

Comments

• Re
      5th of Feb, 2009

We have now been billed 3 times for a book we ordered. Consequently, I have phoned them and am returning the book along with an additional book that I ordered from them as well as the free books they sent. I do not even want the free books in my possession! I am very disappointed in Hugh Downs for accepting a salary from them and them ripping off the elderly who may have forgotten and paid them again! How do I report this infomercial company and stop their abuse?