Borders Books / Bad service

1 830 N Michigan AveChicago, IL, United States Review updated:

I went to Borders Books to purchase a Christmas gift for 19.95 with a 40% off coupon. I picked up three stocking stuffers on the way to checkout, one of which also cost 19.95 and the others were cheaper. The clerk said she would take the discount off one of the 19.99 objects and she rang up a 19.99 stocking stuffer with the coupon. When I returned the stocking stuffer in the required time period they would only gave me 60% or 11.99. I complained to the clerk and the manager and they insisted they couldn't give me the full price because it was rung up at the time for 11.99. I was penalized because I purchased more products. If I had left with only the gift intended I wouldn't have this problem.

Tr

Comments

• Ca
      31st of Aug, 2009

So you felt that they should have given you 19.99 for an item that you paid them 11.99. wow ... if you find a place that will do that ... you could buy and return things over and over ... and really make some money on them ... and get everyone to do it to but sadly they would go out of business in a short time ...

but i REALLY LIKE THIS IDEA OF PAYING ... $12 AND GETTING $20 BACK ... I could just stop working and go around shopping and returning ...

• Xe
      31st of Aug, 2009

If you returned the $19.99 stocking stuffer that you got the 40% off on, then why would they give you the regular retail price back on it when you didn't pay that?

The coupon was used on that particular item and they wouldn't have to apply it to other purchases you made if that's what you wanted them to do.

Just take the $12 if you really don't want the item.

• So
      22nd of Mar, 2010

Wow, this really takes the cake for dumbest thing I've heard lately. You think you deserve $20 back for a $12 item? No wonder the economy is so bad, with customers like this.

• Er
      23rd of May, 2011

I worked at Borders and customers like you made me want to tear my hair out. Use your basic math skills of you have any.