Bookit.com / totally on your own if something goes wrong (stay away from bookit.com!!)

1 Panama City Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

I booked my trip 4 months ago, supposed to be leaving this week 1/16/15. Get a call from bookit (On 1/11) that the hotel is no longer accepting their customers. But don't worry, we want to help is what they say. Their solution... Put me up in a hotel 2 hours away from where I originally booked at an increase of over $700. I told them that was completely unacceptable and they happily offered a refund minus the plane tickets ultimately leaving me with plane tickets but no hotel 4 days prior to my trip. I ended up cancelling and fending for myself at an increase of around $400 to save the trip. I would avoid bookit.com at all costs. They'll speak to you nicely on the phone but at the end of the day you're 100% on your own even if it's their fault.

Bookit.com

Ma
Jan 11, 2016

Comments

• Da
      13th of Jan, 2016

Similar experience. Bookit does not send the money to the resort so the resort backs out of the reservation. I was called 5 days prior to leaving and ended up booking with bookit at another resort 25 miles away. Got to "replacements" resort only to find out bookit didn't sent payment ended up giving our credit card and waiting a day and a half for bookit to send payment. Hotel staff said this has been an ongoing problem with them. The excuse we got for the first hotel cancelling was an "internal problem" with the original hotel when in fact they got fed up with bookit not sending payment and cancelled all reservations of which I can't really blame them. Bookit is a nightmare and I will never book with them again no matter the discount on travel.

• Su
      13th of Jan, 2016

thanks for share, otherwise timeshare scheme is very risky too, and bookit dont give any advice of that..so searching on the web i found this blog with many good articles in relation about, resorts blacklist, and many other good things that are useful to know, hope can be useful and good luck.

• Ab
      14th of Jan, 2016

My husband and I booked an all inclusive, The Be live Collection, La Romana DR. on 4/5/15. We paid in full for 14 days for travel on Dec 2nd - 16 for our 25th wedding anniversary. After 2 cancelled flights and 1 long delay, we arrived at the resort at 3am Dec3. We went to check in and were told that our reservations were canceled and no explanation. We were livid, Cancelled room in a foreign impoverished country, WTH! The clerk allowed us to stay in a "HOLDING" room, A renovation area, a room with poor working toilet, a bed, side table and TV, no lock on balcony door and we couldn't use the phone as were considered non paying customers, 2nd class! We were told we could meet with someone in the am, but no promises for a room. We met with a nice girl Andia, that worked at the hotel and dealt with Bookit. She went back and forth with Bookit, which was difficult to say the least, evasive, non compliant, put on hold, passed back and forth, disconnected for the 1st 3 days to find the cause. It was that Bookit had not paid the hotel and the hotel cancelled and was now asking for the going rate, meanwhile we were held in our holding room, had to surrender our passports and credit card copied. The dispute went on to day 5 until it was resolved, ruining our vacation. The upgraded room was not provided, it was hell and Bookit's fault. When I got home and contacted Bookit, in short, they gave me the runaround saying they paid the hotel and would give us $100. for a credit on the next vac. Take it or leave it thing, as it was insulting, I refused and they said it was now resolved on their part.