Bookit.com / don't use bookit.com

I booked travel on bookit.com for my boyfriend's birthday. I found they had very good deals on their site so I chose them over all the rest, no to mention they had an option for payment in part up front and the rest before the date of the trip. I booked the trip in February, 2007 to Mexico. A few weeks before we were scheduled to leave my boyfriend found out his passport would not be processed in time to leave for the trip. I immediately called customer service to inform them and to find out what the fees were to cancel. I was told they could cancel the hotel and I would be charged $100 per person. Also, I was responsible for calling the airlines to find out their policies. The customer service rep said she would put a rush on my refund because I could not switch that money over to a new trip but rather had to pay for the new destination separate. We ended up going to San Diego on the same dates. We were able to switch the airfare money to another destination but we booked a hotel elsewhere. After returning from my trip I checked my account and the refund had not been processed as promises. I called to inquire and learned the processing on my refund had not even been submitted to accounting. I requested a check be sent to me as I thought it would ensure I get my money since the electronic refund was never submitted. I waited two weeks and still no check. I called customer service back and was informed they sent the check to my address but with my boyfriend's name on it. Did I mention that I booked the trip and the billing information displayed my information? Well, the check was returned undeliverable because we do not live together so his name is not listed on my mailbox. I was told a new check would be sent out to my address and my name. Today is May 15, 2007, it has been two weeks from the date the last check was alleged sent out to my name and over a month after my trip and I have yet to receive my refund. If you plan to use this site make sure that you are absolutely certain that you will not be making adjustments to your booking or require a refund. The customer services agents are rude and they are of no help. They refuse to admit their mistakes and they don't care how long you have been inconvenienced. DO NOT USE BOOKIT.com FOR ANY REASON!!!

N  22nd of May, 2007 by
Is a bus better?
A  26th of May, 2007 by
I also booked something on bookit.com. I used it instead of hotels.com because it was 10 cheaper. However by time it was all said and done i ended up getting charged more than $30 the price quoted as the "total sale"... They are a total rip off.
A  17th of Nov, 2007 by

A  18th of May, 2008 by
I probably won't use bookit. they are rude, unprofessional, and don't give the complete instructions for your bookings, and when you arrive, good luck on getting in the door of the place you reserved.
A  18th of May, 2008 by
Bookit is not a good source. I hate to see what they have charged to my Visa card. Wouldn't recommend this service for making reservations.
D  19th of Jul, 2009 by
i've used bookit over 10 times, along with friends and co-workers, since 2006, to book trips to the Dominican Republic and have never, ever had an issue. But, since the recession and through recent research, I am now using CheapCaribbean.com as their prices were a $75-$150 cheaper. So, i disagree with the complaints but will not use Bookit as I do not want wait for a problem to arise.
N  20th of Jul, 2009 by
Well after reading these complaints it is of great benefits to me because I was about to purchase tickets tomorrow to Las Vegas and I have totally changed my mind now. I knew it seemed to good to be true. It's ridiculous how companies like this one have not been investigated by now to be put out of business.
A  24th of Aug, 2009 by
I'm so glad I'm reading all of these compliants I was going to book our 1 year anniversary trip through bookit...But I won't! Thanks everyone for the heads up and the non-headache before the headaches.
N  1st of Sep, 2009 by
I am also glad I visited this site .I was booking our anniversary trip through bookit.com thanks alot, won't be using them.
Mrs. Bowles
A  19th of Oct, 2009 by
They will send out your PERSONAL information to others.

Got a phone call one morning from someone in another country that had OUR contact information etc. that was MAILED to them.

Bookit can not explain how it happened.

bookit.com privacy issues
N  1st of Dec, 2009 by
Wow Guys ... I was going to use them for flights to Vegas as they are advertising the better deals $$$ wise, just moments ago... Does anyone recommend any sites for good deals to Las Vegas?

Help Rob in San Antonio!
N  4th of Mar, 2010 by
I just booked a trip to FL with Bookit.com and everything has gone smoothly. I even just called to confirm my reservation with the hotel, which is something I always do just to be on the safe side. This will make the second time I've used bookit and never have really had an unresolvable problem with them. The first time we used Bookit was when we went to Panama City Beach in Oct. 09. There was a glitch with my computer (it froze) during the payment processing stage so I went back and re-payed thinking that the payment did not go through...well it ended up going through twice. So when we checked in the desk clerk said we had two reservations. So I explained to the clerk what had happened and they said they would waive it on their end. When we got inside the hotel room I was already on the phone with Bookit. Within 5 min. they had refunded the card the extra amount and was apologetic. Maybe we have just been very blessed in not having problems with Bookit.com, but they seem fine to me and usually have the cheapest rooms!
A  31st of Mar, 2010 by
Bookit.com are SCAMMERS!!! They offer absolutely no customer service!!! I booked a direct flight from Fort Lauderdale to Las Vegas with Spirit Airlines and fully paid my reservation. However, when they sent me my itinerary there was a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT flight!!! It was Continental Airlines with 1 stop! I sent them numerous emails and called them twice! I waited for over 30 minutes each time I called and when it finally was my turn to speak to a representative they disconnected me!! TWICE!!! I was calling from Europe, so I paid a h*ll of a lot of money for those calls! They never answered any of my emails either! NEVER NEVER NEVER use bookit.com!
D  22nd of Apr, 2010 by
I used Bookit.com for my vacation this year and everything went perfectly! I had booked a different holiday by accident (I misread it and it only included the hotel and not the flight). I realized my mistake that day and contacted bookit and they said all I had to pay was the 19.95 cancellation fee. I checked my visa and the money was put back into my account within a week...that has never happened with other travel groups I've booked with. Also, I had paid for travel insurance through it and that had not been reiumbursed. I contacted the travel agency and Bookit and they got right to work on it. The money was in my account when I arrived home! Plus bookit gave me back the cancellation fee as well! I can tell you I was VERY impressed and will most certainly use them again.
D  4th of Sep, 2010 by
Just to let everyone reading this know, all of these posts were 3 years ago. While these could have been problems in the past, BookIt.com has just opened a new building and completely revamped their systems. While some minor problems could still pop up, BookIt.com is a very credible site. Most of their representatives are knowledgable about situations and honestly do care about the situation that the Guests are calling in about. You just have to be calm and willing to listen to the representative, and I can guarantee you, you'll have a much better experience with this agency.

I would know, I work for them :)
N  3rd of Jan, 2011 by
We just got back from our 8-day vacation in Orlando that we had used bookit.com for the hotel and car reservations. I have to admit I had huge concerns using this company after reading all the negative reviews. However after talking to their representatives, I decided on taking a chance due to the fact they offered a better hotel and car package, plus it was a little over $200 less for same hotel and a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee instead of a 2011 Chevy Impala. Also, dealing directly with their sales dept. helped me feel more comfortable, because the sales person even gave me a direct line to call if I had any issues or concerns. Needless to say, I did confirm all reservations well in advance of our departure date, as I do with all travel companies. We had a great time, without any problems at all and the $200 paid for quite a few meals. As for the customers who have had some issues, Visa and Mastercard are extremely helpful solving any misappropriate charges.

BookIt.com Logo BookIt.com