Booking.com / great fortune hotel & spa istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

Booked this hotel with booking.com confirmation number [protected] pin code:6306, check in 26th October - check out 29th October. I selected the option of payment to the property at a higher rate rather than pre-payment and I exchanged several emails with them directly to confirm my booking and to arrange taxi transfer from airport which they confirmed. We were picked up at airport and taken to hotel as arranged only to find out that they had cancelled our reservation that same day whilst we were travelling to destination! They said that booking.com had cancelled our reservation, that they had not arranged our transfer and that they were fully booked. After I showed them our email exchanges and they realised that they had arranged taxi transfer they wanted us to pay the taxi! They finally found us another hotel (not to the same standard) and wanted us to pay them as they said the rate was special from them. We refused until seeing the accommodation and in the end the rate was the standard rate which we paid directly to the hotel ( Birkin). Please confirm WHO cancelled our confirmed reservation and had us walking the back streets of Istanbul at midnight with our luggage!

An