Bob's Discount Furniture / poor service!

Bob's delivered a damaged curio to my home and I sent it back. Bob's attempted to deliver TWO more damaged curios to my home. I sent both back. They will not refund my money. They will only give a refund three days after purchase. THE PRODUCTS TAKE LONGER THAN THAT TO GET TO YOU!!!

Horrible low quality furniture. They will not stand by their sales.

Go elsewhere; Cardis, Jordan's, Bernie & Phyls. You may have problems as all furniture may get damaged but you can get better service!!! I've used each before, had problems and was satisfied with the the results. NOT BOB's. STAY AWAY!!

Js

Comments

13th of Oct, 2007

Purchased a sofa & loveseat 6 months ago. The set is completely falling apart... fabric is wearing out, seams are torn and frayed, staples are coming through, legs are broken. Guardsman Elite Protection says it's not their problem because it would still be under warranty until 1 year. Called Bob's and had a technician come out. The technician was very rude. He couldn't believe the condition of the furniture. He didn't know if it could even fix it. Then he saw my cat! He called Bob's and told them he wasn't fixing it because it was animal damage. My cat is declawed! I asked him how a cat with out claws could make that damage. He didn't want to hear it. He handed me the phone to talk to customer service and because he said animal damage, thats what they were going with. Customer service was completely unprofessional and also rude. They were just looking for an excuse to not fix it. After much arguing, they said they would send someone else out but I would have to pay! The quality of Bob's furniture is horrible. They do not stand by their products and once they get your money, you're on your own. Do not purchase anything from this store. Bob says 100% satisfaction is his goal; I'm 100% dissatisfied!

2nd of Dec, 2007

Same happened to me, i called and i have to hold for more than 25 min. I sent an e-mail i never got the answer for my problem. Every time that i contacted customer services they said that they will contact me by next day. And never did. There is no customer satisfaction its just a joke.

2nd of Dec, 2007

By the way don even try to put Guardsman proof insurance in your furniture. It will never work, you have to wait an eternity for replacement.

• Fo
      5th of Aug, 2009

Have you ever seen the cartoon that has the guy who wants to eat at Joes and at the end of the cartoon the guy ends up in the belly of a bear with a sign that says "Don't eat at Joes" Well thats how I feel about Bob's. They canceled my order without telling me (after I paid in full), then when they delivered my furniture more then half was damaged. We bought three rooms of funiture and more then half had to be returned. It took four tries to finally get a coffee table delivered not broken and everytime they would tell me my furniture would be inspected before it left the warehouse. Ha if I ran my business like Bob's I would be out of business. They also kept telling me they couldn't compensate me until I was satisfied and when I finally received all my furniture over a month later, they said I could only have a store credit or a $200 gift card (which they said I could sell on ebay). My question is why would I ever want to shop at Bobs again. Anyone need a gift card? One of the drivers told me that Bob's was getting too big and thats why he doesn't care about service. I hope that people do a search on Bob complaints BEFORE THEY BUY, because if I did I would have NEVER bought from Bobs. Heed my warning go to Bernies and PHils... Don't go to Bob's

29th of Sep, 2009

And where is the so-called TRANSPARENCY that Bob's emphasizes in his commercials?
    He says, "No gimmicks."
    Well, how's this for a gimmick:
    I went to Bob's for a recliner and found a very comfortable one for $299 - but I wanted a different color.
    As the saleslady was putting my order together, she asked if I wanted the goof protection for $39.99.
    I made a face but decided to get it.
    Then I say two more numbers on the sales ticket.
    I asked what the first number was and she said it would cost $29.99 for special ordering the different color.
    Hello? If you offer the color, how is this a "special order"?
    Then I asked about the second number and she said that was the $59.99 delivery charge.
    $59.99!?!
    I'm not out of state, I live 5 miles from the store.
    So, I did some quick math in my head to figure out that the $299 recliner was going to cost about $430 - and that was not with the tax included yet.
    I will look for a furniture store with REAL transparency and one that doesn't insult its customers by charging for color choices.
    Disgraceful!

• Ki
      17th of Dec, 2009

I went to Bob's Discount Furniture, the name suits them, its discounted because it is JUNK. The stores are dirty, never use the bathroom or bring a can of Lysol before doing so. His commercials are Pure Crap, no class and he dresses like a slob. What's with his jeans and sneakers and that smile with fake teeth.

You want Quality with equal if not lower prices go to Jordan;s, at least their stores are clean, great sales people, on time delieveries...no bed bugs in their beds!!! and they have class.

God bless his wife waking up to that (him) every morning

12th of Dec, 2010

Bob's furniture is the biggest rip off. I bought a very expensive living room set. I purchased an additional rocker recliner. Within 3 months the material sank and the mechanism broke. Bob's replaced it. Within a month the material sank and within 4 months the mechanism began making noise. The extra policy I bought didn't even want to fix it the second time and sent a check for about 2/3rd of the policy purchase price. When I turned over the recliner to try and fix it, it was all bent out of shape and a big tag MADE IN CHINA ATTACHED. People beware, the furniture isn't even made in this country. Garbage, Garbage, Garbage. Bobs could care less about the service they provide and there commericas are more sickening then ever.

• Da
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Bob's Discount Furniture - delivery damage 12/28/17
    Groton, Connecticutgroton ct

MY Delivery On 12/28/17, Out Side Light Was Broken By Delivery People Wall Inside The Home Was Damaged Cost For Electrician $159, 99 Parts & Labor. Inside Wall $39, 95 For Paint Can't Match Wall Has To Be Repainted which I will do delivery date damage occurred 12/28/17 teal 8608597195 Michael O'Brien order no 9350342 customer 4725704 thanks

• Be
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Bob's Discount Furniture - bed support snapped in half

One of the support beams split in half when my wife, my newborn and myself were laying on it. I called Bob's customer service and they stated that they would have someone come over on Tuesday. I think this date is unacceptable. The other beams and then board could fail in the middle of the night.

• Am
      11th of Sep, 2018
    Bob's Discount Furniture - couch

loveseat don't work and couch does work
    electrician came out and did not fix it and did not do anything
    worst customer service I've ever got and not satisfied at all until I get it fixed right away.

• Ju
      18th of Sep, 2018
    Bobs Furniture - Matres
    Brockton
    Massachusetts

My douther gime a set of matres on April 2018,
    Last month on July, I star having some scratch in my arms and neck, until las week 8/23/18 I so the problem, dosens of those begbugs in my matre
    In my house there is four bedroom
    Only my is infected, and that furniture came from bob furniture in MA

• Aj
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Bob's Discount Furniture - product
    Mount Sinai, New YorkRiverhead

I purchased a sectional couch approximately 1 1/2 years ago the seems are coming apart my wife call Bob's three times sent them photos and they claim it's normal wear and tear I will never ever buy anything there again or recommend anyone to go there