Bluegreen Resorts / they will look into your eyes and simply lie to you!

We were first contacted via my "do not call" listed phone, and was asked to attend a one hour meeting for a resort package, in return for free gas, free accommodation, free dinner at Wisconsin Dells, along with one free air/hotel package.

At the time the phone call was made, my husband and I thought it wasn't such a bad deal to take the kids down to the Dells for virtually free. It would only cost us one hour of our time.
How wrong we where.

About 20 minutes went by, we received another phone call from Bluegreen, apologizing that they had no rooms available at the arranged meeting time. so instead they offered a voucher for a chain hotel within the area for a latter date instead.

I should of realized by then it maybe difficult to obtain accommodation through Bluegreen. 12/31/06. We attended the resort and met our sales rep. Sat around and listened to their jargon, then viewed some examples. Returned over an hour later to face the final number crunching curtain.
This is where they get very aggressive. I didn't feel comfortable about signing anything without doing research, nor did I wish to be contracted into anything long term.

From there I was bullied to the point of walking out and leaving my husband behind, allowing him to banter out a mutual and satisfactory agreement.

$895.00 package for only one year with a 30 day cooling period. My partner agreed this to be fair, relocated me then proceeded with the signing. A few hours later, they picked up our contracts, including the 30 day opt out agreement and offered us one of their glamorous bags to put it in. This is where documents seem to conveniently on their behalf, vanish.

We get home, I research, and find many complaints with Bluegreen. no problem, I have 30 days to back out right! Wrong. the office never returns calls, so after many endless attempts, we contact the sales rep. He explained to us that Bluegreen NEVER gives a 30 day opt out, and we must of mistaken it with their "arrange your own finance" within 30 days.

We were lied too! They will look into your eyes and simply LIE to you. Beware of bluegreen. From what I've been researching about this company, this is probably the beginning.

As for the freebies, didn't use them, I don't agree with the "good faith" deposit. Not free after all.

Va

Comments

• Ka
      13th of Jul, 2007

[censored] ###!!! I hate bluegreen they call me all the time!! I think i should print this out they are misrepresenting us and lying to us the bad for business this will be the end of bluegreens resorts!!! VACATION MY AS*!!!

20th of Apr, 2008

I see that Kathy is a very refined Lady who must live by her own very high standards and talks nothing but [censored] through her very refined AR*e

• Er
      4th of May, 2008

Anyone think Phillip Smith here works for bluegreen?

6th of May, 2008

Just a point

NO I DO NOT WORK FOR BG.

If you can find a Bluegreen office in the UK then please forward me the address

I am a Textile Colourist and work for Standfast and Barracks in Lancaster check out the website

I just know what I bought and how to use the points
    and have had many great holidays

Its very simple

If you cant be ar*ed in reading the paperwork you have sign and take at face value everthing a salesman tales you then more fool you.

No good complaining you all signed on the dotted line you all initaled the boxes saying you understood everthing. The big difference is that I DID read the paperwork and I DID understand everthing that was given to me. If I thought it was [censored] then I told them so. All of you should be old enough to know that if they will not put it in writting then its not true.

• Su
      4th of Sep, 2008

Who is Kathy?

• Ro
      18th of Oct, 2008

We all know that you would not take all of this time defending these ### if you didn't have something to gain, P. Smith. So, if you don't work for them, you are somehow connected. I don't know of anyone-especially someone with a sickly wife who has the kind of time that you do to post of your idiotic comments. These people have been victimized and YOU KNOW IT!! There are over 200 postings on here about how they are liars and cheats. You are very careful selecting the horror stories that you will try to rebutt, I've noticed that. Yes you are very selective indeed. There is no defending this morally bankrupt company.
    They didn't sucker me in, so I have nothing to gain here. If you are so impressed with this company and feel it is your duty to come to their defense at every turn, why don't you buy up all of these unhappy consumers' points? Then they could be happy too. P.S. Mr.B.S. We know you are connected to Bluegreen somehow.

27th of Oct, 2008

There you go again bitter and twisted

if people just take the time to check out my advice then some of them would become happy owners.

I have no idea why you are so twisted maybe you applied for a job with them and they told you to get lost who knows.

All i can say is that you are so bitter that you must turn the cream by just looking at it

And yet again I DO NOT work for them

• Ro
      5th of Nov, 2008

Again, the Lawsuit filed by the Attorney General in the state of PA says it all.

• Sh
      27th of May, 2010

Well...I discovered the deal with these Bluegreen cheerleaders.
    Ever wondered why someone would come to a consumer complaints site and cheer on the bad guys, the rip off artists, scamsters, crooks and thieves (Bluegreen). I just didn't get it...until I did some research. These guys are paid "REPUTATION DEFENDERS". Companies pay these dirt bags to scour the internet and DEFEND thier practices.
    Proof: Google the following words "reputation defense".

[censor] working for [censor]

• Be
      15th of Mar, 2015

I had a similar experience in Florida at Tradewinds. We listened to the 90 minute presentation, which appeared awesome, and I was sold. Then came the sales pitch. Our salesman was "new". He offered us an ice cold beverage of our choice, and after sitting through the 90 minute presentation. We were parched. He walks us back to their beautiful marble bar just to find out their ice maker was broken, and so was the soda machine. So even though they get us all worked up for an ice cold beverage, all they were able to deliver wax lukewarm tap water. Looking back on it, I believe this to be there "transparency" subliminal message to foreshadow and warn prospective buyers. My husband and I listened to the "new" guy, feeling bad for him for being so awkward and sled conscious. He immediately won us over. His superior, was also nice, and shared with us that he had once been a "stand up" comic, which I believe is another one of bgs commonalties. I was sold, my husband was not. However, at the end of the 6 hours, we signed on the dotted line. We collected our $25 dollar food voucher, our $100 Visa card, our free 3 day, 2 night future stay somewhere, and the Samsung notepad. On the way back to our condo. We immediately stupid for signing and regretful of our descion. This was 3/06/15. At the condo, I researched BlueGreen, found all if the complaints, reviewed the contract we signed mire closely, and saw the page that outlines we have 10 days in Florida to rescind the contract. We drove back to our homestate and I proceeded to type up letter outlining resinscion of contract and mailed it UPS Overnight delivery to address on the form as well as the sales office. I am hopeful we dodged the bullet. I mailed everything out 3/08 and it was received by BlueGreen on 3/09. We will see if I get my refund and if this ends our experience with the highly questionable (ska: Sketchy Sleestack Practices) of this BlueGreen Corp.