Blue Mountain eCards / billed for free trial offer

1 One American RoadCleveland, OH, United States Review updated:

I agree wholeheartedly with the last writer regarding Blue Mountain. Same things happened to me. I signed up for a free trial and then received a bill from BillMeLater. I called them told them it was a free trial. They said I did not cancel in time. Tried to contact Blue Mountain, but they don't answer on the phone and there is no contact information via the internet. I have sent all to BBB's in all states involved. BillMeLater is a real scam outfit and I think Blue Mountain needs to cease doing business with them but you can't contact them to tell them so. No such thing as a free lunch and no such thing as a free trial e-cards from Blue Mountain.

Comments

• He
      10th of Apr, 2009

BLUE MOUNTAIN ECARDS. I PAID ELECTRONICALLY
    FOR MY MEMBERSHIP AND NOW YOU ARE NOT
    ALLOWING ME TO SEND CARDS. PLEASE CONTACT
    ASAP.

Helene B. Thomas
    Ciglia@aol.com

PS. This is very annoying to me.

• Vi
      16th of Apr, 2009

My credit card has a debit for an e-card on 15 April 2009, which I have not sent. Please rectify this error immediately.

Vicki Brasington
    rob.vic@bigpond.com

• Mi
      13th of May, 2009

I never used Blue Mountain cards & I am billed without my approval. When I checked my account I saw in the past year I did not use the service. I never used it.

I DO NOT WANT THE SERVICE... I WANT A REFUND FOR BILLING ME WITHOUT ASKING ME.

I am notifying my credit card company to block anything from Blue Mountain & their asssociates from charging my credit card.

• Ru
      16th of May, 2009

Absolutely agree! We used Blue Mountain's `Create and Print` A LOT!!! At least at first, but THEN the occasional glitches became permanent and it is useless now - cannot print ANYTHING! Have you tried composing a card and then it crashes? I do not how many times MS stops us in the middle of a card setup having to close and restart. Blue Mountain Tech support? A joke! An exercise in futility! Email tech questions and you get back a direction to go the on-line FAQs. FAQs? Please, nothing useful there. Call the only telephone number listed and you just get shifted from one useless auto-response to another. Have NEVER EVER talked to a live person and believe me we've tried. On top of all this we have been unable to successfully cancel the service, never mind getting a refund.

• Pm
      9th of Jun, 2009

Beware doing any business with Blue Mountain ecards. They will bill you without authorization for a year membership @ 15.99. When you call the number listed it is 100% automated and you cannot talk to a real person. You can cancel future billing but cannot get a reversal for current membership. This is as fraudulant as it gets.

• Ka
      11th of Jun, 2009

How did you find a phone number to call? I cannot find one on the website and the customer service email option never goes through once you type you complaint in.

• Tr
      20th of Jun, 2009

Yes, I had paid for a years subscription but had forgotten it was apparently automated annually. the then billed me through Paypal without any reminder or warning my subscription was due, sending my Paypal balance into the negative and I can't get a refund!! I have asked Paypal to investigate but as yet haven't heard back!!!

• Ro
      21st of Jun, 2009

I agree with everyone else here BlueMountain.com SUX!!!

11th of Jul, 2009

I have no memory of having subscribed to Ecard. I will not pay for annual fee and would like to know what to do with the cards that I have apparantly paid for S. Davis Sallandme@hotmail.com

• Sh
      9th of Sep, 2009

Blue Mountain E-Cards uses unethical, underhanded, dishonest business practices to steal your money. NO notification when the trial is coming to an end, they just bill you. Every other program I have used that includes a trial period sends emails when the 30-days are coming to a close. Blue Mountain's customer service is shoddy at best, downright incompetent usually. I called their customer service number several times, only to contend with recorded messages...UNTIL I chose the option of "New Membership". THEN an actual person was on the phone RIGHT AWAY. Seems like they value your input only when it will make them money. Blue Mountain E-Cards should be reported and out out of business.

22nd of Sep, 2009

Blue Mountain is a total rip offf...I have had my account charged without my permission ...I can't get in touch with anyone help if any one can find a number where I can reach them email me please golfinglady47@yahoo.com and use a code word so I will open it as cucumbers

• Dr
      30th of Sep, 2009

I have had charges for renewal that I did not authorize and am not getting my money back even though I have gone completely through my Capital One dispute process . Just imagine this, say Blue Mountain charges $15.99 to 10, 000 people, that is $159, 000 frudgent dollars in whatever time period and they can get by with it. We must stop this company and file charges as a group. Anyone interested?

Totally ticked off I am, enough is enough.

Contact your Better Business Group, Your States Attorney and list your complaint over and over again on the internet. This is the only way we will get this company to restuition.

You can not reach a person anywhere on line of phoning, just a rude robot that cuts you off as soon as you say "Cancel", until you dispute the charges and then the credit card companies recharge the fee.

• St
      17th of Oct, 2009

I fell for the blue mountain scam. I signened up via creditcard and now I can't send any cards because it keeps saying my security is setup wrong even though I do what they ask. I can't find any phone number to cancel. I can't cancel on line because of security. I'm going to let my credit card know of this scam and refuse to pay the account. I will also notify my political leaders and the BBB of this.

• Dr
      19th of Oct, 2009

I Love BLueMoutain and that if you dont realize it is an automatic renewal as stated in the terms of sale, you should read the terms of sale before you sign up for anything. Dont blame them because you misready your contract. I have a Bluemoutain account and every year i get a renewal notice saying my accoutn is coming up for renewal and it does state that if they do not hear from me it will automatically renew. You ppl just need to read what the hell yall sign up for.!!!

• Sr
      25th of Nov, 2009
    Blue Mountain eCards - Billed for free trial, billed after cancelling
    Blue Mountain eCards

I signed up for a free trial, and cancelled during the trial period. I was subsequently billed for the free trial period, and the account was not cancelled as requested. I was billed for a second month of service.

30th of Nov, 2009

I have also been ripped off by Blue Mountain. I may have some good news for others out there though. I found out that the overhead company is American Greetings, phone number 216-252-7300. If you call them they may try to give you a number like 800-711-4474 - don't call it. Tell them that you can not get a person and want to be connected. They will connect you to Blue Mountain. You may have to wait on hold for a while, but it is where you can talk to a real person.

Hope this helps.

• Mi
      31st of Dec, 2009

This has happened to me now TWICE! I NEVER asked for the "Create and send" membership, yet I have been billed TWICE for it! After I was billed for this account last year, I emailed ANd called, and nothing. I cancelled that membership, and just decided "Oh well, at least it won't happen again, but it did! I too have tried to call, but no one actually answers the phone OR Emails. This is SUCH a bogus situation! Has ANYONE had any success getting in touch with Blue Mountain cards? Is there anyone that we can contact? I cannot afford this!

• Ke
      4th of Mar, 2010

Within the trial period I cancelled my membership on line. I was still charged the yearly fee and my account is still in effect. I did not want to continue the membership. I have tried the 1-888 number but there is no way to reach a human being. I only received information about my account and that I was billed in January. My account history online states that my membership expires in Jan. 2011. On the BlueMountain contact page there is no email address or other phone number to reach someone directly and efficiently. Inexcusable in today's expected easy electronic communication. However, I just spoke with a very pleasant customer service representative at American Greeting 216-252-7300 (thanks to info on another complaint message) and she checked my history that showed I had not completed the cancellation process fully. Nothing told me on the website that I would be receiving a confirmation of cancellation by email and if not to redo the process.
    I am receiving a refund after consultation with a supervisor, and I made the recommendation of including their phone number & an email address on the contact page on the BlueMountain website and also adding a note about receiving a cancellation confirmation by email to ensure that a charge would not be made for the trial period.
    Hopefully they'll make these changes and protect their image and creative product. I just spent an hour retrieving my $15.99. I thank the patient customer service rep at American Greetings.

• Br
      2nd of Apr, 2010

I unforfunately did not learn of this problem in time. I signed up for a 14 day trail on March 16, 2010. On March 27 I was notified that 75% of the cards I had sent out were not picked up. I mmediately canceled my subscription. I got an email saying it was cancled as of 2011! I wrote and explained I wanted nothing to do with the service and had attempted to cancel within the 14 days. I get a another 2 notices titled updating service with the same date of 2011! I call and I call over the next two days. Finally I reach a rep and she assures meof my cancelation and no charges on March 30. On March 31, 2010 they charge my debit card $29.99. I have written their customer service again, because I can not reach a person on their phone lines anymore. I am ready to start a class action suit against these liars for unfair charges.

• Ru
      28th of Sep, 2010

They purposely try to be as difficult to get in touch with as possible in order to attempt to continue billing customers' credit cards.