Blizzard Entertainment / unfair ban

My complaint is against Blizzard, the huge company that rules the online gaming world, namely World of Warcraft and Diablo 2.

I have held my Diablo 2 account for almost 4 years, have never cheated, hacked edited or changed anything in the slightest. But a few days ago i tried to login for my daily D2 fix, only to find that my account has been closed, apparently for hacking?!

Over the next 24 hours I sent 3 emails asking for an explanation, i eventualy recieved a reply saying that my account was detected using a third party hack and is now permanently banned, and they will not be commenting on it any further.

I have never EVER tried to hack or cheat and am furious at being accused of doing something i know i have not done, but they still insist i was using a hack. I am FURIOUS!!

Va

Comments

• Au
      15th of Jan, 2009

Yea, they are good at treating their customers like dirt. My account was banned for nothing too.

• Ka
      1st of Feb, 2009

Any chance your account may have been hacked? I am not familiar with Diablo 2, though I do play World of Warcraft, so I have no idea if hackers go after Diablo 2 accounts as much as they do World of Warcraft. I had my WoW account hacked in 2007 while I was taking some time off from the game, and woke up one morning to find a "your account has been banned for cheating" message in my email. I expected to get the run-around from Blizzard, but surprisingly when I called them, they were very helpful and helped me get my account back and unbanned. Blizzard does an IP log of all IPs who use your account, so see if they will do that for you. The IP log helped prove that my account had been hacked, seeing as how I live in Illinois and the last known IP addresses to access my account had been in China.

24th of Nov, 2009

I to have been recently banned (13 NOV 2009). While playing World of Warcraft, I was gathering ore, then switched over to another character to quest with a friend. About three minutes after logging back on, I was disconnected. Tried logging back in, only to get the "banned" message. To date, I have sent four emails to customer service. All have gone unanswered with the exception of the automated "we got your email" return message. I made three phone calls to customer service. All were just me sitting on hold for 45 minutes before giving up. I have filed three ingame complaints (via my second account(yes I'm a geek)) to GMs. Each took over 48 hours to get a response and all responses were sent while I was logged off and merely provided a link to email customer service. I have filed a complaint with the FCC and BBB. Now it is just a waiting game. I have been a loyal Blizzard fan since 1996 (StarCraft). I tried Warcraft back in 94', but I just didn't get into it. Is this how they treat loyalty?

• Ok
      9th of May, 2011

Yup, they treat their customers like trash, plain and simple. Trying to contact them is hard enough. You'd think they would be reasonable but they aren't. E-mail does not work at all, they will send you automated response or just not reply at all. The GMs in the game are the only good thing about their customer service. Outside of that, it's nonexistent.