Blackberry 9000/ Redington India Limited / sub standard blackberry product and refusal to register complaint

1 India Review updated:

Dear Sir,
I am shocked with the insensitivity shown by Redingnton staff who have refused to even register my complaint regarding sub-standard blackberry bold handset purchased only 5 months ago for Rs. 33, 000/-. The handset is giving a worn out look and the entire metallic panel is off the metal colour. The battery gets completely discharged in half a day. The Redington staff have only registered a complaint with regard to battery. I want a complete replacement of the handset and/or body of the mobile and the battery. Also, the cheap endorsement hand written on the job sheet in the remarks column, which is not even readable, shows that they somehow want to extort money from bonafide unsuspecting consumers even for handsets under warranty on some false pretext. I am an Advocate-on-Record in the Supreme Court and am suffering immensely on account of not having a blackberry hand-set. The same has resulted in pecuniary losses apart from causing inconvenience. I also have clientèle abroad and need to be constantly in touch with them through blackberry mail/e-mail. . I am going to personally take up the matter to Court and would ensure that bonafide consumers are not cheated by either Redington or Blackberry. I have given my blackberry mobile at E-48/4 (1st Floor), Okhla Industrial Area, Phase II, New Delhi-110020 vide work Order No. K-94. The Unit Serial No./IMEI No. is [protected] and MSN No. 20960E15, Model No. Blackberry 9000.
Anupam Lal Das
Advocate-on-Record,
Supreme Court of India.
E-mail: [email protected]
Mobile No. [protected]

Comments

• Es
      23rd of Jul, 2010

I had purchased my Blackberry Gemini 8520 from a mobile store in Chennai and only after purchase I knew it was a officially unlocked device and not a usual Airtel Blackberry, I was upset at first as I have nearly 3 years of experience with Blackberry service at Airtel and its just awesome they do it so professionally. I used a Rs.999 (approx. USD $20) worth cover for the phone from case mate, after a month and few days the display brightness diminished to very low level and I had taken it to the Redington India Ltd. service center in T.Nagar and they told me about the Rs.730 charge if there is water lodged in the device and I was 100% sure that there isn't any possibility for the same, so I gave my device for service and was waiting for about 2 weeks and I received a call from them saying there was water lodge in my device and they want me to pay Rs.730 to get the device back and the most important thing is that the device isn't serviced. I was like what the hell? Why would I pay these cheats the money just to open and take look at it and return? These people don't have the basic common sense that if I had known there is water why would I give it for service to pay Rs.730 unnecessarily? I would rather go to private service center and get it done for same price or something additional, finally they sent me some fake snap shots of water damage and stuff. I doubt if they had done it on their own to rip off the money. Today I got the device back and the display totally doesn't work. They spoiled it even more. Blackberry has to stop sending officially unlocked devices let the people get good service from Airtel, Reliance and other service providers. Never from these local Redington guys, I wonder if they have ever seen a Blackberry phone, these guys would only have experience in spoiling local basic phones like Nokia, Motorola etc. Now giving the service order to these guys Blackberry is spoiling its reputation in India. I need a brand new device and also my Rs.730 to be returned and I am not going to live them till then.

People beware of these guys. Redington India Ltd is totally a fraud company. Redington India Ltd rips off the money and spoils your device. Redington Group has to replace my device and pay me my Rs.730 back. Redington Group has to stop the scam in the name of service Blackberry devices. Redington India Ltd should no longed be an authorized company to service Blackberry devices. Blackberry has to stop the contract right away.

• Ga
      5th of Aug, 2010

I dont know how you guys are working ..the mobile is given for service from more then 20 days but still no progress even they are not even picking my calls now...great service

Work order no:DEL/BB/10/03457

• Sh
      6th of Sep, 2011

i am not agree with the above because i got a good support with redington for Blackberry Mobile . Its Naturally Peoples are not observingg our Mistakes and blaming to Company only.
    My exprience was a Very Good With redington So i Am appriciating to Redington Servicese .
    Thanks to Redington Gyus to Giving a Good Support for my Mobile replcements .