Bizrate / missrepresentation

7120 blache court, Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 904 813-2372

I made a purchase from Absolute Bird Control, Inc on 6 Apr 2010; at the end of my purchase was this : " Please take a moment to rate your shopping experience at Absolute Bird Control and you'll receive a Special Thank You valued at $100, just $2 for processing . I thought something might be suspicious here so I began to back track to undo the questions I had answered and terminate the survey, but when I tried, it took me back to page one of the survey and the page was different than the one I statred on. The top read " Please review your responses on this page. One or more questions require further input. Please choose when you expect your items to be delivered. Please choose Personal?Leisure or Business use. Please fill out your email address. Under that was this : " Please take a moment to rate your shopping experience at Absolute Bird Control and you'll receive a Special Thank You (exclusively for US residents) valued at up to $100 - up to 4 of your favorite magazines are already paid for. Just $2 processing . Plus, enter to win Bizrate's $25 Daily Cash Giveaway, 20 winners daily (See Bizrate's Daily Cash Giveaway Official rules ). Did not have vaguist idea how to contact Bizrate, of course I think that is their hope. I will be challenging any charges on my credit card by Bizrate or any magazine companies. I don't know what your powers are in situations like this, but would appreciate letting me know, if anything. I'm madder than a hornet right now and will be telling all my friends to be cautious about dealing with these people.

Comments

• Al
      7th of Apr, 2010

This shouldn't be a complaint against the company itself... this was a pop up that you shouldn't have clicked through... or filled out any information. Internet 101 people.

• At
      29th of Dec, 2011

bizrate/synapse in collusion for years. have been doing this scam for years. scammed me december 2011. am filing a claim and a criminal complaint. See my complaint and others on this site. Bizrate fraudulently stea;ing money out of bank accounts via lies and false claims. Phony survey used to steal money for "free" magazines that you are late charged for indefinitely.

• La
      18th of Oct, 2016

Whether or not Bizrate actually gives away the 20, $25 cash prizes each day is suspect! My positive nature wants to believe "it's so". Unfortunately, they top off an otherwise harmless entry with the magazine deal. It's only $2 today but watch your credit card for when the subscriptions expire and they automatically renew at full stand price!! This is done on the web and should be an FCC issue but probably falls under FTC. Someone who has more time than I should check it out. They have been doing for at least 8 years that I know of. I'm more curious if they actually award the $25 cash and how the consumer is notified. They only ask for an email address. I am unable to check my 5 email accounts regularly