Big Lots Stores / service

1 Sparks, NV, United States

I was in the Sparks NV new Big Lots off of Disc Drive at 4pm today 7/22/18. I was bringing back a cookie jar. I purchased the jar along with approximately an additional $250 that day. I travel for business so today as I was unpacking what I purchased the lid on the jar was not in the packages. I checked them all. I wanted to return the jar. I asked for store credit as my pan was to replace the jar and I did not have the original receipt. I gave this explanation the first gentleman. His first question was did I break the lid? I stated no and gave the explanation again. He then walked me over to a very rude cashier, who was older with very short hair. I gave her the same explanation and she asked me the same question. Did I break the lid. I asked her why I was being asked that question. I told her I would take store credit. Instead she kept callling me Mam is disdainful tone and then called me a [censored]. Finally her manager came over and was no better. You have lost a customer not only to the Sparks store but to Big Lots in general. There are a lot of other stores that sell the same items that actually treat someone as a customer.

St